+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MC90 Megalodon?

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

MC90 Megalodon?

Hi all

I see there's some pics uploaded on Unified Team Diving's Facebook (Utd Diving | Facebook) with Leon Scamahorn in attendance and the rebreather is referred to as an MC90 mCCR ... it looks interesting, with counterlungs sitting on top of the divers' shoulder and it seems to leave more of an uncluttered chest area than other OTS counterlung machines.

Does anybody know anything more about these machines?

rgds
    monty

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: MC90 Megalodon?

Manta\BMCL's have been showing up recently - there are a few other threads floating about....

Also, someone posted about the Hybrid conversions... looks very simple... I traded some emails w/ Jerry a month or so ago on it.... he was wrapping up pricing and the final bits of SS hardware...... as usual - slow to get word out and about...

RBW Member ibbo is an unknown quantity at this point ibbo's Avatar

the manta counter lungs?

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

wow, this is something totally new - to a meg......

At first glance it looks like a meg configured like an RB80...

HP manifolded doubles wrapped around a rebreather scrubber, w/ manta lungs....

I dunno if its meant to be run in a pure SCR configuration, as I couldn't readily see an O2 bottle..... notes indicate offboard O2... so massive onboard dil supplies w/ an isolation manifold... reminds me of a config I just saw recently on some HH rigs..... :)

2 hp40 back mounted manifolded duals for dil.

1 AL 40 O2 fed in off board from the injector button. From button, on hose goes back to the meg unit to feed solenoid, one hose goes to the manta to do manual injections. Third hose on bottom is for tie in to side slung o2.

So, Always carrying 80cf of dil and manifolded for bailout. And a 40 of O2 for deco.

Nice rig.

Just don't know about it.

The top of it looks like a tangled mess. Be nice to have some sort of cover. Less things to hang up.

Might be task specific. I like the theory. I also like being able to swap my tanks out easy without the extra hoses and valve. Tank swap is a little more involved then just slide in, slide out hook up 2 first stages.

I rarely refil my bailout. This means, you'll always refil them.

I'm begining to like that manta wing though. Keeps the body line thin, Smaller profile then the back mounted ones. Makes you longer/thinner, not thicker.

Oh, in pics it shows 2 battery boxes and another screwed box. Is that the new computer box? Or something different?

Also, noticed the handsets with yellow. Wondered if that was new/different?

By the way, one thing I don't like is tanks banded to the body of the Meg. I use zip ties. If it ever get's hung up, I Pull against it to break the ties and tank while still hooked up to hoses and working, falls away to release entanglement. Only problem is tank hanging by your side. Better then being stuck. I have a extra clip to clip it under my arm if it happens. If you use steel bands, you're waiting for your buddy to get you out. Trying to be as self sufficient as possible.

Like the idea of this though, Some thought put into it. Just don't know about the extra valve and hose. I've run dual 40's of dil on my back before, Just not manifolded. Both with second stages. Thought about it for a hand off for someone. But, then I'd want it slung.

Hmmm, would a 40 get you out for bailout from depth? If the manifold is to save half the gas in case of having to use the crossover valve because of a valve leak. Usually, I'd have a 20 and a 80. Hmmmm. Guess 40 is better then a 20. Just don't think it's enough to get me out if i had to bail out.

Now, if it was a dual scrubber redundant ECCR... Hmmm...LOL

Did anyone notice the Lil breather in there??? About a 3in pipe size.
    Last edited by mverick; 18th July 2009 at 12:28.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Is it possible to see the pics without being a friend of the group?
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    Is it possible to see the pics without being a friend of the group?
    You can see the pics if you are just logged into Facebook without being a friend of UTD.

Looking at one of the pics there is an obboard bottle plugged into what looks like some kind of MAV though it might just be a switchblock.

I've seen a few people rig their CK's that way (though without the manifold).

Cheers,

Stuart

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

I really, REALLY wish that ISC would keep their eye on the ball! Do we really need yet another variant of the Megalodon?!?! How about we continue to develop the machine we already have, instead of trying to build some random RB80-looking hybrid.

"Don't worry, APECS 3.0 is still coming."

Yeah...right...

Brian

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic  View Original Post
    "Don't worry, APECS 3.0 is still coming."

Yeah...right...

Brian
    The Apecs 3.0 is here now, it is just called a Shearwater instead.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

I think its fantastic. The way forward for ccr is surely to build in more redundancy and gas management strategies and more unified / consistent training. Looks to me like UTD and ISC are working on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast