+ Reply to Thread

Thread: threads on MAV and O2-injection

RBW Member NewRebiKai is an unknown quantity at this point NewRebiKai's Avatar
    KISS Classic #112

threads on MAV and O2-injection

Hello everybody,

I want to change the fittings on my CK #112 from swagelok to milflex hoses.

Now I have to know which kind of thrreads are in the old style MAV??

Also I don´t know, which thread is in the KISS head for the O2 injection.

Thanks for your response

Kai

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

Re: threads on MAV and O2-injection

Hi.

The treads are 7/16-20 male and female. I have solved the problem by changing to swagelocks push on connections instead.

Here is some pics:

Swagelok push-on 7/16-20 female, 7/16-20 male to 1/8 NPT male.

Part.nr

SS-PB4-TA4
    SS-400-NFSET

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Kai,
    The head port/fitting threading is 1/8"npt. It's the same on the stainless MAV. To change to Miflex hoses, you need to get the new plastic MAV with the scuba fittings.
    Best
    Philippe

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

I have the Mk2 flat sided MAV on CK101 and tried to find out if there were any adapters to take UNF hoses but drew a blank.

I think the MAV has 1/16"NPT threads although someone said they were 1/8". I am not even sure if there is enough space between the holes to take UNF hoses. I should check since I now have both.

The Jetsam kit includes a new adapter for the head (I think it's M&J Omniswivel) to take a UNF Scuba hose.

RBW Member billyf is an unknown quantity at this point billyf's Avatar

The Head is a 1/8 NPT
    The Ports on the MAV are also 1/8 NPT
    You can get the 3/8-24 to 1/8-NPT elbow from jetsam and you’ll need two 9/16-18 to 1/8-NPT adapters for your MAV you can find these at golemgear.com
    From Jetsam “ELBOW 90 Degree on scr head $50.00 CDN”
    The adapters from golemgear are $12.50 USD each
    http://golemgear.com/p-455-18-npt-male-to-916-18-male-adapter.aspx
    you might want a LP swivel for the reg because the SS hoses use an elbow which will be removed.

RBW Member NewRebiKai is an unknown quantity at this point NewRebiKai's Avatar
    KISS Classic #112

Thanks, now I can start
    ...I love this forum...
    ...There is no easier way to get good answers...

+ Reply to Thread