+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classic Inspiration

RBW Member diveplumber is an unknown quantity at this point diveplumber's Avatar

Classic Inspiration

Maybe some Classic divers can help me. Changed 3 cells at the beginning of the season & recently changed batteries. Been watching my hand set a little bit more lately & I noticed when I have my set point at 1.3 while diving it seems like the solenoid is firing a little longer than just a quick injection. Sometimes it's going to 1.4. If I set the high set point for 1.25 it seems to be fine. The solenoid fires for just a second to bring it back up to 1.25. On the last dive I did I noticed on accent up the master low battery signal went on. Has anyone had anything similar or do I have to send the lid back for servicing?

RBW Member diveplumber is an unknown quantity at this point diveplumber's Avatar

Re: Classic Inspiration

Any body want to give it a crack???

This is serious......mum Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy's Avatar
    rEVO 111

Inspo Classic

Classic electronics will overshoot to 1.4ish. Battery warning is a seperate issue. Stuffed micro switch in your handset, corrosion in solenoid, soldering in battery box is old, IP creep on your O2 reg, cracked handset resulting in corroded micro switch. All of these will give you ongoing battery warnings. Don't forget to check your battery.

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

When I had a classic I had nothing but battery problems using Panasonic batteries, I was advised to try using the factory approved ones then hey presto no problems ever again.

Marcus Jakob Marc(us) is an unknown quantity at this point Marc(us)'s Avatar
    rEvo III hybrid

Inspo classic, Evolution +

The Master's Battery is also responsible for the power for the solenoid to fire
    (on/of), so if the Battery is low, reaction of the solenoid can be slower.

Best regards,
    Marc(us)

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by diveplumber  View Original Post
    Maybe some Classic divers can help me. Changed 3 cells at the beginning of the season & recently changed batteries. Been watching my hand set a little bit more lately & I noticed when I have my set point at 1.3 while diving it seems like the solenoid is firing a little longer than just a quick injection. Sometimes it's going to 1.4. If I set the high set point for 1.25 it seems to be fine. The solenoid fires for just a second to bring it back up to 1.25. On the last dive I did I noticed on accent up the master low battery signal went on. Has anyone had anything similar or do I have to send the lid back for servicing?

1: Check your IP presures with a decent IP gauge

2: Inspect your loom for corosion and broken wires. Biox or pure gold clean your cell conections including the pins inside the cell. Do this inverted with a cotton bud soaked in hot Biox

3: Strip and clean your solinoid preferably using an ultra sonic cleaner and hot biox

4: Inspect and cleen the battery box

If all this doesent sort it it has to go back to AP but thats seriously option 100

Remove the hand set covers and do a thorugh inspection of the hand sets before you send it. Especialy look for condensation inside the housing and cracks.

All this said 1.4 is not a big overshoot.

ATB

Mark

RBW Member diver6939 is an unknown quantity at this point diver6939's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diveplumber  View Original Post
    OK most of what I'm going to say has been covered

Forget the set point reaching 1.4

first check you IP setting on the o2 side, it should be 7.5 bar make sure it is not not creeping...... if thats ok

check the battery box connections are clean...... if thats ok

check if the solenoid is corroded...... if thats ok

and you are getting a low battery warning when the battery is almost new/new, The chances are that you have a problem with the micro switch.

Here is how to check if it's the micro switch thats faulty and that it's not a problem the battery, lets say it's the lefthand handset that you are getting the low battery warning on and you are using that handset as master. swap the batteries over in the battery box and dive again this time using the RIGHT hand handset as master, if you are now getting a low battery warning on this handset it's the battery, if you are not getting a low battery warning it's the micro switch (this diagnosis only works if only one of your micro switches in faulty)

if you don't want to send it to AP (or silent diving) to be fixed, RS components sell the micro switches that fit, I have been told that it's not that difficult job to change yourself

hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread