+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Barney, MV Spree Gulf Wreck dive trip report

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Barney, MV Spree Gulf Wreck dive trip report

Just a quick note to say I had a great time diving on this trip. we hit some of the moderatly deep wrecks of the Gulf of Mexico northwest of the Dry Tortougas and some around Key West.

The weather was almost perfect for 5 days. The seas were flat to about 3ft, very little current and mostly good to oustanding vis. Even the "Wilkes Barre" had only a fairly small current. On the "Araby Maid", at about 190ft i could look up and see the bottom of the MV Spree! Even caught this on video.

This is a great boat for tec diving. Captain and crew did a wonderful job. Highly recommended. Thanks to Barney had his mates as well. If you have not done these wrecks, i would highly reccommend getting on one of Barney's future trips to these sites.

I know SFLDiver is working on a full trip report with his excellent pics, (he is a much better writer than i am), but i will try to post some of the high def video i shot ( don't think it will post in high def though) asap

Thanks again to all involved!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Barney, MV Spree Gulf Wreck dive trip report

Glad you guys had a good time and conditions were great.

John

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Awesome, lucky with the weather! Wished I could have been on the trip, especially for the Wilkes. What was your fave dive?
    Last edited by ChrisBrown; 7th June 2009 at 14:50. Reason: cant spell proper

RBW Member brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc's Avatar

Here is a preview of some shots from the night dive on the VANDENBERG. I got some pretty cool (eerie) stuff. Not sure when I'll get to the rest of the trip pics... there are a lot

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Well, dispite all my voodoo, black magic, and war dances it would appear that the gods smiled upon you for this trip.

Looking forward to the pics and video.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

as much as i like the Wilkes, the Rhein, with the conditions we had, the marine life and the wreck itself, was really beautiful. overall, the best of the trip, IMHO.

RBW Member dagodiver is an unknown quantity at this point dagodiver's Avatar

Glad you all had fun.! The RHEIN for sure.! I will be diving that again in September cant wait.!

Dago.

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Glad you had a good time and it was great to finally dive with you Jeff (and all the rest of the gang)!

I have been hitting these wrecks at least once a year for the past 10 years and they are still a treat to dive. I am already looking forward to returning again next year, and this time we will find that mystery wreck that keeps eluding us!

Thanks again for joining in on the fun, and also got to give my props to Captains Frank and Melanie, and the crew of the M/V SPREE, who supported another great trip!

FWIW, the M/V SPREE has rebreather and bailout bottles available, and now stock ExtendAirs and Sofnolime on the boat to cover all the essentials for traveling rebreather divers!

Cheers,
    Mike

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Brian and I are finally home (only took us 13.5 hours!) :). Hope that everyone enjoyed the trip as much as we did. It was certainly great diving and great company!

MV Spree is a first class operation- great boat, awesome and very friendly crew!

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Had a great time on the trip. Awesome diving, crew and people on board. And on the way home I got an first class upgrade for some unknown reason which was a nice way to end the trip.

Working on getting my images uploaded to share out, it might take a while.