+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what dry gloves are you using?

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

what dry gloves are you using?

I have been using the Ocean Concepts dry gloves (o-ring sealed ring system).

they work great, the problem is the ring installation on the wrist cuffs... uber pain in the a$$!

I dive both cold and warm so... I would normally install the rings so that a seal remains on my wrist, this way gloves are not required to dive the suit; however, I recently had new wrist seals put on for a Hawaii trip and did not reinstall the rings... loved diving with out the big a$$ rings in the way, way more range of motion at the wrist...

so who uses what and why?!?!?!?!

looking to see if these are the best option or if something better is out there!

hoppy

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Re: what dry gloves are you using?

I'm using Diving Concepts. THe reason is I have large hands and this is the only ring system that is big enough to go over my hands

RBW Member cloudboy55 is an unknown quantity at this point cloudboy55's Avatar
    Revo III HCCR

DUI Zip gloves. I've used the SI Tech ring system in the past, but was never very happy with it due to difficulties installing the rings, o-ring issues, etc. I find the zip gloves far better.

RBW Member ch3micaldud3 is an unknown quantity at this point ch3micaldud3's Avatar
    Sentinel With Travel Frame

Hi there,

I use the Check-up dry glove.
    Its the most durable dry glove i've seen so far.
    Can be mounted to use seal and dryglove simultaneously.

Random Object Review Blog: Checkup system, dry gloves for a dry suit - updated

ps: thanks to the blogger for his nice blog about the dryglove...

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Quote Originally Posted by cloudboy55  View Original Post
    DUI Zip gloves. I've used the SI Tech ring system in the past, but was never very happy with it due to difficulties installing the rings, o-ring issues, etc. I find the zip gloves far better.
    I dive the Si Tech on the DUI zip seals and find they work well. You have to lubricate with wax every couple of times, but they do allow you to dress with your bare hands and then don the gloves. The DUI dry gloves require that you dress with the gloves already on the suit, or already covering your hands, which gets difficult for me the more gear you've got to manage + the thicker the insulative gloves are under the dry gloves. I vary the glove' thickness depending on how cold "cold" is for the dive. This set-up also allows you to unzip the Si Tech and zip in latex wrist seals for cave work, etc.

Bill
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

Dui zip seal gloves,
    It took some retraining to be able to suit up and hook things up with the gloves on but can do it even on a rocking boat but did take practice at home first. The only thing that sucks is putting the neck seal over your head with the gloves on, today I waisted the seal trying to get over my head with gloves on. But no big deal, its a zip seal neck seal too and took minutes to change. AND MY HANDS DONT GET COLD ANY MORE..............give a little to get a lot...
    Last edited by vincnt moore; 17th May 2009 at 19:37.

Rebreatherless bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke is a name known to all bwyrwitzke's Avatar
    Hammerhead

I tried the DUI dry gloves with the zips, but hated not having my hands free to do things like adjust my neck seal. Had to leave on arm out of the sleeve until after the neck seal was adjusted. Got frustrated after a few dives and went back to normal gloves.

Recently purchased the SiTech Glove Lock System and then picked up the Diving Concepts as well. The DC system was a pain to install on my zip seals (I can easily swap out the entire seal for cave diving), but eventually got everything how I like it. Looking forward to getting them wet.

A buddy is going to give the SiTech gloves a shot and we'll compare notes.

Bruce

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Been using the Viking Classic ring system as can be seen here "Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits" Used these for going on 20yrs now and really have not seen any other system that looks easier.
    Al

Happy Hippo Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen has a spectacular aura about Soren Thomsen's Avatar

Hi there,

I also use SI TECH Glove Lock and I've been very pleased. Easy on and off, just turn.
    Cheers
    Soren

RBW Member jagfish will become famous soon enough jagfish will become famous soon enough jagfish will become famous soon enough jagfish's Avatar

I had zip seals for a year, and they were pretty nice, although I did have occasional issues getting them zipped all the way on a consistent basis. I ended up with a really wet arm once from a zip seal leak.

I used the Sitek system for a year or two. I really didn't like the release. I was never able to get that working smoothly and always needed a buddy (or two) to get the dang ring unscrewed after a dive (to get the gloves off). Maybe that was my fault, but I tried spit and wax as the directions indicated, all to no consistent avail.

I have now been using the Viking rings (same as a previous poster). So far, they are the easiest rings for me to use solo, since they only have to rotate a small amount to lock and release...

I can buy gloves and liners of my choice at the local hardware store for a few dollars a pair. It is a bit of a pain setting up the rings the first time. I have two sets of glove side rings and set up two pairs of glove to have a spare set on hand just in case.

It is a bummer to have big wrists with any of these systems...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast