Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek -- Trip Report & Photos!

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek -- Trip Report & Photos!

I just returned from an outstanding week in Grand Cayman. It was the inaugural Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek (Advanced Diver Magazine) hosted by Dive Tech (Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran) and Cobalt Coast (Cobalt Coast Dive Resort in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands featuring scuba diving and snorkeling vacation packages). It was a fun-filled week of diving, photography seminars, daily photo reviews, camaraderie and even a night of "Championship" miniature golf (won by local "putt-putt" pro Jay Easterbrook!) The event was open to all and participants included open circuit nitrox divers to closed circuit trimix rebreather divers. There were morning boat dives where open circuit divers would do two dives while the CCR divers would make one long dive. Afternoons were free for relaxing, shopping, or shore diving at Dive Tech's two incredible shore dive locations Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse Point. Curt Bowen's daily photography seminars covered a whole range of topics from the basics of f-stops and shutter speeds to advanced lighting techniques and what he calls "painting" where long shutter speeds are used and multiple images are taken, each using a hand-held light to "paint" in light to one area of the photo. The multiple photos are then layered together in Photoshop to make an amazing image. He made it look easy, but I am sure I will be struggling with it until next year's event!
    Here are some of my photos from the week:

The rest of my photos from the week can be seen here:
    debersole.com

Next year's event is scheduled for April 17-24, 2010. Mark your schedules now and contact Curt Bowen at CurtBowenADM@gmail.com for details. Hope to see you there!
    Doug

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Re: Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek -- Trip Report & Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by debersole  View Original Post
    I just returned from an outstanding week in Grand Cayman. It was the inaugural Advanced Diver Magazine Photoweek (Advanced Diver Magazine) hosted by Dive Tech (Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba diving cayman island scuba resort cayman scuba training cayman cayman island scuba grand cayman scuba dive cayman islands scuba diving scuba diving in grand cayman scuba diving cayman scuba diving on gran) and Cobalt Coast (Cobalt Coast Dive Resort in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands featuring scuba diving and snorkeling vacation packages). It was a fun-filled week of diving, photography seminars, daily photo reviews, camaraderie and even a night of "Championship" miniature golf (won by local "putt-putt" pro Jay Easterbrook!) The event was open to all and participants included open circuit nitrox divers to closed circuit trimix rebreather divers. There were morning boat dives where open circuit divers would do two dives while the CCR divers would make one long dive. Afternoons were free for relaxing, shopping, or shore diving at Dive Tech's two incredible shore dive locations Cobalt Coast and Lighthouse Point. Curt Bowen's daily photography seminars covered a whole range of topics from the basics of f-stops and shutter speeds to advanced lighting techniques and what he calls "painting" where long shutter speeds are used and multiple images are taken, each using a hand-held light to "paint" in light to one area of the photo. The multiple photos are then layered together in Photoshop to make an amazing image. He made it look easy, but I am sure I will be struggling with it until next year's event!
    Here are some of my photos from the week:

The rest of my photos from the week can be seen here:
    debersole.com

Next year's event is scheduled for April 17-24, 2010. Mark your schedules now and contact Curt Bowen at CurtBowenADM@gmail.com for details. Hope to see you there!
    Doug
    Nice pics Doug. A week in Grand Cayman sounds very appealing at the moment

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

hmmmm, CHRIS does a week with me in cave country not sound appealing ???? and yes great pics Doug!!
    mel

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    hmmmm, CHRIS does a week with me in cave country not sound appealing ???? and yes great pics Doug!!
    mel
    A week with you anywhere would be heaven babe! ;)

Actually, should be interesting. Being a mock student in Ginnie where Im assuming we cant go any further than the lagoon during training whilst the cave beckons... a bit like standing outside the stadium during a cup final perhaps?

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Very impressive Doug! Definitely some of your best work - thanks for sharing!!

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Thanks, Adrian. You really should consider going next year. It was really a lot of fun. Curt, along with Cobalt Coast and Dive Tech, really put on a great event.

Doug
    Last edited by debersole; 28th April 2009 at 18:55.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Doug, your photos are awesome. But you deserve a way to display them. Have you looked into zenphoto.org ? That's what I use here: Gallery | Underwater | Page 1/2

It's simple to set up and free. Ping me if you want help setting it up.

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Some nice shots there Doug. Really liked the black and whites of Ghost Mountain.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

edasque -- thanks! I currently use Proimage Guide for my website. You can see all of my trips, etc at debersole.com and then go under the "Gallery" for the various locations, etc.

Walt -- Yeah, it's really hard (i.e., impossible) to light up Ghost Mountain so I thought converting to black and white looked better than the blue water with blue reef surrounded by blue divers! :)

By the way, Walt, the latest issue of Underwater Journal (Aqua Pages | Underwater Journal | Underwater Diving Resources) looks great!!!!!

Doug

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

do they allow videographers?
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast