+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: high and low setpoints

New Member JOHNNY4FISH is an unknown quantity at this point JOHNNY4FISH's Avatar
    INSPIRATION

high and low setpoints

looking for help in creating a new thread with a poll on the set points that people use. i was taught to use .7 and 1.3. not sure if that is pretty standard. I would appreciate any and all help. not sure if this has already been done.

thank you

jj

RBW Member KeythL has a spectacular aura about KeythL has a spectacular aura about KeythL has a spectacular aura about KeythL has a spectacular aura about KeythL has a spectacular aura about KeythL's Avatar

Re: high and low setpoints

Not sure how to set up a poll, might be interesting to know what others are doing. I use .7 and 1.2 normally (to make use of the IANTD Tables for backup) and manually maintain 1.4 on deco. However it really depends on the profiles being planned, the number of repetitive dives and the number of consecutive days one is planning to dive. If I were on an extended vacation diving alot each day, I'd probable consider running my high set point around 1.0 occasionally to lower my total OTU exposure.

Dive safe,

Keyth

www.andersonlemos.com.br Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point Anderson's Avatar
    Optima

Hello Johnny,

I use 02 different profiles: one for deep dives and another one for shallow dives.

For shallow dives I start my dive with a SP of 0.7 and at the bottom I change to 1.2. If there is any deco by the end of the dive, as soon as I arrive at 6m stop, I switch my SP to 1.4. After 10 (or sometimes 15) minutes breathing at a SP of 1.4, I include a "brake" of 5 minutes at a SP of 0.4.

For Deep Dives I start my dive with a SP of 0.4 and change to 1.2 at the Bottom. For Deco I use the same rule that the one for shalloe dives.

If planning multi dives (like in a Live Aboard) I plan to keep my SP bellow 1.0 most time of the dive.

Anderson

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

0.5 and 1.3

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

0.7/1.3 pushing to 100% (well 1.5+) on 6m deco.

I wish I got to do enough diving to need to worry about CNS build up.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I use 0.4 on the surface then switch to 1.0 on descent. The difference between 1.0 and 1.2 in terms of deco isn't that great but it does drop the O2 loading substantially. Plus the old argument that you can verify your cells will reach that on the surface before you start. Pure O2 loop at 6m which in reality is 1.45-1.5.

Cheers,

Stuart

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

0.7 surface.
    1.0 to 1.1 bottom -> Start @ 1.1 and let it drop (mCCR) to 1.0 during the dive.
    Same for deco.
    I noticed I feel better after a dive with these SPs whatever the dil, depth and duration as opposed to a dive with 1.3/dive and 1.5-1.6/deco .
    Best
    Philippe

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Hi Philippe,

Maybe if you feel better after those dives is more because you make longer deco than because you use 1.0 sp....maybe...

My two cents,

Mikel

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY4FISH  View Original Post
    looking for help in creating a new thread with a poll on the set points that people use. i was taught to use .7 and 1.3. not sure if that is pretty standard. I would appreciate any and all help. not sure if this has already been done.

thank you

jj
    polll posted for you here http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=26269

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

0.7 & 1.3 then manually to 1.5 on deco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast