+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is GAP DEAD?

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Is GAP DEAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kees Hofwegen  View Original Post
    No still alive and kicking.

As Joe mentioned, I had some problems with personal life and decisions to make about the future of my life. Well that’s sorted out, decision made! full fletched ahead with only GAP-Software, my own company.

So first on the agenda was the gap-x1 software which is sorted out now and will be released on 1-aug-2009. The full XLINK support after that.

GAP desktop software needs a update, cave support, new decompression model and individual leg support (OC and CCR), plus bug fixes. I’m nor happy with the reports and the paper generation. So expect changes in that area too.

Then GAP-Lite support for mobile 5 and 6 and perhaps a IPhone RGBM version of the gap-lite software.

So no, we are not dead

Greetings Kees

Glad to hear it. While I have sympathy for your personal issues it unfortunate that you have left your customers holding the bag on a piece of software that has not been updated and is lacking compared to the competition. I suspect any failure in your timely delivery will result in you be unable to recoup the customers you have already lost as well as other that have held on with some hope that our expensive investment in your software was not in vein. The proof will be in your timely delivery as the competion has already filled the voids left by your absence and surpassed your functionality.

Any estimated month for the desktop updates?

John

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 27th July 2009 at 21:11.

RBW Member Kees Hofwegen is an unknown quantity at this point Kees Hofwegen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Maybe this should be a memorial thread for the GAP decompression program.

With each new release of V Planner Live I continue to get a stronger and stronger feeling that I made the wrong decision to invest in the GAP software and once again have been shammed by another garage shop supplier that are all too common in the CCR business.

Two years ago I was convinced to buy the full featured GAP program and since that time the honeymoon was rocky and the marriage is now on life support.

From the first date the graphics have never really displayed correctly on any PC. Not a big problem but an annoyance. I can not say that I have seen the software download any updates in that time even though it checks everytime I start the program. When I got Cave certified I discovered it does not meet the needs of planning a cave dive and now I see new release after new release of V-Planner Live and looking at the GAP website it appears the version of GAP for the X1 is still in Beta. It feels like the knife is being twisted in my back everytime I see a new post by Ross about the nice stuff in V-Planner Live.

Seems to me that GAP is no longer supported and is slowly and quietly fading away into non-existence leaving all those that paid for the software holding the bag.....that old saying comes to mind.....buyer beware.

How do the other GAP users feel?

john
    Hi John,
    Did you ever complain about the wrong presentation of the graphics to us?
    Updates of the desktop software were slow, I agree but our decision to keep the full release of the GAP-X1 software off is based on the reason that a good product without any significant bugs is better then letting the customer debug the program for you. Ok this is our policy and if this does not agree with you, fine.

So yes we are supporting GAP and all our products in contrast what you say.

Best regards Kees Hofwegen

Version requests:

1 - Full flavor GAP, native to Mac OS-X
    2 - Full flavor GAP, native to iPhone

Both version with Buhlmann/GF options. My Hammerhead uses Buhlmann/GF, so I want to have a software package that does as well.

RBW Member sherwood is an unknown quantity at this point sherwood's Avatar
    rEvo II Standard

I will say that Kees has always been very responsive to any inquires and support questions that I have had.

Thanks Kees!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Hi John,
    Did you ever complain about the wrong presentation of the graphics to us?
    Updates of the desktop software were slow, I agree but our decision to keep the full release of the GAP-X1 software off is based on the reason that a good product without any significant bugs is better then letting the customer debug the program for you. Ok this is our policy and if this does not agree with you, fine.

So yes we are supporting GAP and all our products in contrast what you say.

Best regards Kees Hofwegen
    You must have me confused with another customer. I have no complaint about the GAP for X1. I do not even own a X1. I only own the ANDI Gap PC version. If I was going to buy a X1 then I would be disapppointed that I would not have the same software available on my X1 that I was using on my Desktop. I had invested so much money in the desktop it would just make sense to me to be able to utilize the same on the X1.

I have had an ongoing problem with ANDI GAP on the PC with the main planning screen not showing all information clearly. The CNS% number does not show correctly on my display for the desktop or the laptop. Its an irritation. The software will load correctly sometimes and then out of nowhere it will decide to give an error when loading. I have had problems with the software and it has been corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Contrast this to the trial version of V Planner which I was forced to load onto my desktop and laptop after discovering that ANDI GAP could not plan a relatively easy cave dive profile and finding that V Planner was easy and flawless to setup, operate and utilze for the cave profiles. This was a disappointment in that the software I had invested in was having problems and then could not be used for all the type of diving I was doing and when I checked it had not had an update for quite some time.

Regarding the Cave issue I raised it but the response I got indicated that a correction might be expected in a few weeks but it did not materialize and that was at least 6 months ago.

So from my perspective I thought I was buying a premium software program and paid a premium price for it only to find that it has some display bugs, had not been updated recently and would not handle a simple cave diving profile.

My entire point is that I think my expectation of the software are not unrealistic and I want to stay with the package which I paid more then the competitor for but every month that goes by with out action makes it more difficult for me to hold out hoping something will change.

If you think that I as one of your customers is being overly critical then I am sorry. I understand that you need to make decisions about your business and personal life. I also think you need to understand the impacts upon at least this customer since I can only speak for myself.

My comments are sincere and accurate and this is in no way an attempt to advertise the competitors product. I trust you will take it in the way it is intended.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 28th July 2009 at 04:00.

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

As Joe mentioned, I had some problems with personal life and decisions to make about the future of my life. Well that’s sorted out, decision made! full fletched ahead with only GAP-Software, my own company.

So first on the agenda was the gap-x1 software which is sorted out now and will be released on 1-aug-2009. The full XLINK support after that.

GAP desktop software needs a update, cave support, new decompression model and individual leg support (OC and CCR), plus bug fixes. I’m nor happy with the reports and the paper generation. So expect changes in that area too.

Then GAP-Lite support for mobile 5 and 6 and perhaps a IPhone RGBM version of the gap-lite software.

So no, we are not dead

Greetings Kees
    Hi Kees,

Are you saying After Aug 1 X1 will have a full RGBM as well?

RBW Member Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph has a spectacular aura about Christoph's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Hi Kees,

I´m very glad to read that GAP is my favourite desktop software.

RBW Member Kees Hofwegen is an unknown quantity at this point Kees Hofwegen's Avatar

You must have me confused with another customer. I have no complaint about the GAP for X1. I do not even own a X1. I only own the ANDI Gap PC version. If I was going to buy a X1 then I would be disapppointed that I would not have the same software available on my X1 that I was using on my Desktop. I had invested so much money in the desktop it would just make sense to me to be able to utilize the same on the X1.

I have had an ongoing problem with ANDI GAP on the PC with the main planning screen not showing all information clearly. The CNS% number does not show correctly on my display for the desktop or the laptop. Its an irritation. The software will load correctly sometimes and then out of nowhere it will decide to give an error when loading. I have had problems with the software and it has been corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Contrast this to the trial version of V Planner which I was forced to load onto my desktop and laptop after discovering that ANDI GAP could not plan a relatively easy cave dive profile and finding that V Planner was easy and flawless to setup, operate and utilze for the cave profiles. This was a disappointment in that the software I had invested in was having problems and then could not be used for all the type of diving I was doing and when I checked it had not had an update for quite some time.

Regarding the Cave issue I raised it but the response I got indicated that a correction might be expected in a few weeks but it did not materialize and that was at least 6 months ago.

So from my perspective I thought I was buying a premium software program and paid a premium price for it only to find that it has some display bugs, had not been updated recently and would not handle a simple cave diving profile.

My entire point is that I think my expectation of the software are not unrealistic and I want to stay with the package which I paid more then the competitor for but every month that goes by with out action makes it more difficult for me to hold out hoping something will change.

If you think that I as one of your customers is being overly critical then I am sorry. I understand that you need to make decisions about your business and personal life. I also think you need to understand the impacts upon at least this customer since I can only speak for myself.

My comments are sincere and accurate and this is in no way an attempt to advertise the competitors product. I trust you will take it in the way it is intended.

John
    John,
    No problem but please mail me off line with some screenshot about what you think is wrong. Just saying that something is not correctly displayed is a pain i the ass for service desk to descide what is exactly wrong. I can fix most thing but I need a clear view of wht is wrong.

Kees

HammerMeg

Kees

I would send screen shots to you and have before but currently I cannot get into the program. It gives me multiple error on startup and then does not load the program interface. This is not a new issue although the error messages might be different. As I mentioned the program will load fine for a few months and then out of nowhere I get errors on startup. The same situation has happened on my Laptop. I did not go look at the startup errors on the Laptop to see if they were exactly the same. I might have loaded some new programs on the computer but I would point out V Planner has been on the computer for the same time duration as GAP and I am not having any issues with V Planner.

Attached are screen shots of the errors on startup.

John
    Attached Files

Kees

I would send screen shots to you and have before but currently I cannot get into the program. It gives me multiple error on startup and then does not load the program interface. This is not a new issue although the error messages might be different. As I mentioned the program will load fine for a few months and then out of nowhere I get errors on startup. The same situation has happened on my Laptop. I did not go look at the startup errors on the Laptop to see if they were exactly the same. I might have loaded some new programs on the computer but I would point out V Planner has been on the computer for the same time duration as GAP and I am not having any issues with V Planner.

Attached are screen shots of the errors on startup.

John
    John, keep this offline, as this forum is no service desk for GAP.

Kees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast