+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cross over training ??

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Question Cross over training ??

At present I am TDI certified to Mod 3 Advanced Mixed Gas specifically for the Inspiration . I am buying a rEvo & am going to do the cross over course but to cross over to Advanced Mixed Gas on the rEvo what do I need to do ? Is the cross over for me the same as a cross over for somebody qualified to TDI mod1 Air Diluent standard ?
    TIA

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Cross over training ??

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    At present I am TDI certified to Mod 3 Advanced Mixed Gas specifically for the Inspiration . I am buying a rEvo & am going to do the cross over course but to cross over to Advanced Mixed Gas on the rEvo what do I need to do ? Is the cross over for me the same as a cross over for somebody qualified to TDI mod1 Air Diluent standard ?
    TIA
    Colin, TDI has no program for the rEvo, only ANDI, IANTD and PSAI

first, you do a cross over training air diluent any way, and then it depends on the agency how you get your mixed gas cross over

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    Colin, TDI has no program for the rEvo, only ANDI, IANTD and PSAI

first, you do a cross over training air diluent any way, and then it depends on the agency how you get your mixed gas cross over

paul
    Understood & thanks Paul . Speak tomorrow

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

colin,

I can expand on Pauls answer at least for ANDI..

If a diver is ANDI (level 3 and Level 5) certified diver (our CCR tech classes are not unit specific but do issue a card stating the unit you were trained on) and they take an ANDI air diluent (L2) diver level class on a new rebreather, then after they have proof of 25 dives on the new unit they can request (for a nominal fee) a certification card listing the new CCR..
    Last edited by jradomski; 14th April 2009 at 02:07.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

rEvo III micro FT

Talking Re: Cross over training ??

Hmmm I get the feeling that in terms of cross over my TDi cert is about as usefull as toilet paper

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

toilet paper is both soft and absorbant.......................
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member ntokyo is an unknown quantity at this point ntokyo's Avatar
    Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Hello,

Is IANTD unit specific for Rebreather Advanced Mixed Gas ? Can an IANTD instructor certified me for a different machine he is qualified for ?

Just to explain : I am OC Trimix diver (IANTD, TSA, CMAS) and ANDI rEvo L2 Diver. And there is no ANDI instructor around here.... Can I get certified from an IANTD Instructor who is not qualified for rEvo ?

Sure it is not the best option, but better than nothing.

In advance thank you.

Nicolas

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

sheesh, feeling better about only being mod1 certified... makes crossing from one unit to another a synch.

all these certifications is starting to remind me of the nursing profession!

unit specific and agency specific, now that's a recipe for remaining a small niche market!

g

Gill Envy

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    sheesh, feeling better about only being mod1 certified... makes crossing from one unit to another a synch.

all these certifications is starting to remind me of the nursing profession!

unit specific and agency specific, now that's a recipe for remaining a small niche market!

g
    Yea it is a bit crazy, but it is agency specific. IANTD does a generic ccr normoxic and hypoxic card so it does not matter what unit you use. as long as you are diver level certified on the unit then your "mod2" or "mod 3" cards would count. just like eveything else, it is buyer beware and make sure you know what you are getting when you take a course. sorry hind site is 20/20.
    mel

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    as long as you are diver level certified on the unit then your "mod2" or "mod 3" cards would count.

"Count" to who?

Certifications only have the value that people assign to them. They are not licenses. The only person to whom it "counts" is the divemaster with the roster on the boat, or the person collecting fees at the gate at the cave/quarry/pick-a-place.

Don't sweat all of the (impossible to solve) matrices of possible combination's between agencies and certs. It's simply a waste of time.

In the immortal words of Ernest K Gann, talking about flying:

"Rulebooks: They are made of paper. They will not cushion the unexpected meeting of rock and aluminum"

Get trained. Go diving. Let the paperwork worry about itself.

Dave