181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Self taught

65 35.91%
  • Agency or club

116 64.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trimix diving self taught or Agency

No its always that colour the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler's Avatar

Trimix diving self taught or Agency

Just wondering is there many who are self taught on Trimix
    Last edited by the diving tiler; 11th April 2009 at 19:16.

RBW Member tigger is on a distinguished road tigger is on a distinguished road tigger's Avatar

Re: Trimix diving self taught or Agency

I think the results of this poll will be very interesting.

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by the diving tiler  View Original Post
    Just wondering is there many who are self taught on Trimix

Could also be both started diving with mix and then went on on to do course for card as I did. But also have to consider those who are oc trained and have not done ccr course.

Thnink would be better if these options were added.

Tony

No its always that colour the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toe  View Original Post
    Could also be both started diving with mix and then went on on to do course for card as I did. But also have to consider those who are oc trained and have not done ccr course.

Thnink would be better if these options were added.

Tony
    Ta Tony but just wanted to keep it two choices, don't mind whether it is oc or rb :)

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Trimix diving self taught or Agency

I've marked as Acency on the poll.
    BUT i've Naui & TDI Tri-Mix on OC only.
    No training/Card for CCR

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Age or time diving might also change things- some were diving trimix before anyone was really teaching it, or back when only IANTD was teaching it. It hasn't been in use for that long in the tech community.

Oh yea, self taught trimix OC, getting a card as a hostage trade with a friend, learned from friends who were diving deep in cave with mix back when the only option was mentoring, or paying IANTD, which not to many people wanted to do. (Or could afford). Still don't have a CCR card of any sort, and don't ever plan on paying for one. But then I built my rebreather. So I don't have to pay someone to teach me how it works.

Jason
    Last edited by rchrds; 12th April 2009 at 09:53.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

I will admit that I used 'mix in the Inspo before I did Mod2 but I took Mod1 as a non-deco qualification and just used 'mix to counter the fact that I nark like a nutter.

I really would not want to face a rebreather problem at 35 meters with a brain full of nitrogen. I am far more stupid than normal and a bit apt to get into a flap.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

i but self taught ,, but i do now have a oc tm and a mod 1 card ,, and will prob do mod 3 at some piont ,,

ill go with jason on the age thing was no one teaching tm at the time i was playing with it ,, there was a few book about with infomation in on how to mix and some deco tables ,, think i got my hands on a docterX and then proplanner and the world was my lobster ,,

i did leard a few new things from doing the IANTD tm,
    could have done with out the mod1
    as far as learning something new,

but still think its a good thing to do some training with one of the Agency s .. even if its only to have them say ,,, yes your doing it right ,,

having said that ,, i also think there s plenty of information now on the www and books to be a DIY r no problemO
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 12th April 2009 at 12:04.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

I was self taught on OC tmx before getting certified. Did it properly and took the class first on CCR.

Dont recommend this route necessarily, just worked for me as I had a dive shop, helium and boats to play with and access to friends & instructors that knew what they were doing.

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

do your training up to trimix in OC, then go to ccr do mod 1 and u r set. deco & trimix do not change in ccr, just the planning does and if you are doing those types of dives you should already understand the planning. some say why do oc you can do it all through ccr training, but i feel you are task loading to much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast