+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stuffed nose/sinuses after rebreatherdiving

RBW Member franzo is an unknown quantity at this point franzo's Avatar
    none

Re: Stuffed nose/sinuses after rebreatherdiving

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper180  View Original Post
    Bringing this thread alive instead of starting a new one.

I am have sinus issue after diving on rebreather that I do not have on OC. I have a lot of "snot" during the dive, the problem startes later when my nose plugs solid and the entire next day have sinus cold symptons, runny nose and congestion. The last four weeks I have dove OC two weekends and CCR two weekends, the OC weekends no issues CCR weekends same as past CCR dives.

I intitially was thinking allergic reaction to disifectic or sorb

Thanks
    Erik
    I had exactly this experience nearly every time I dived with the JJ-CCR. I also had a raspy throat for a day.

The JJ-CCR reseller suggested switching to a different mouthpiece, which immediately fixed the problem and it has never recurred. The suggestion was that I was having a reaction to the material (rubber?) the mouthpiece was made from and one other person had experienced this too.

I am using an Inspo mouthpiece on my JJ nowadays. I preferred the bite of the JJ mouthpiece but sadly I can't use it. I have never experienced a problem with OC regulator mouthpieces.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

I'm generally ok during the dive and for the rest of the day but, overnight it sets in - crazy sinus engorgement with no mucous discharge and a splitting headache the next day.

This is after short (20 min) deco and no-deco dives.

Never got it with open circuit. Should probably work out why, as opposed to learning to drop a pseudo-ephedrine/paracetamol/ibuprofen combo before I go to bed after a day in the water.

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

i'm wondering if this is the cause of my sinus problems as i'm about to go in for surgery to have my sinus drilled!
    i always suffered from bad sinuses but only after diving rebreather did it be come a problem on open circuit i was fine?
    since being on the rebreather i have had numerous bouts of sinusitis and have been suffering with headaches due to sinus blockages!
    i wonder if it is to do with the prolonged exposure to high ppo2 ?
    ok i know on open circuit i was on higher ppo2 but during the dive the ppo2 would keep changing with depth and mix and i would say on deco i was only averaging 0.9 where as now i average 1.25 throughout the whole dive
    i will ask my consultant/surgeon when i go in for my operation next week!

RBW Member EOD is an unknown quantity at this point EOD's Avatar
    MK16

Stuffed nose/sinuses after rebreatherdiving

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    I'm generally ok during the dive and for the rest of the day but, overnight it sets in - crazy sinus engorgement with no mucous discharge and a splitting headache the next day.

This is after short (20 min) deco and no-deco dives.

Never got it with open circuit. Should probably work out why, as opposed to learning to drop a pseudo-ephedrine/paracetamol/ibuprofen combo before I go to bed after a day in the water.
    Sounds like "O2 ear"

Sent from my Ipad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3