+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Thanks for all the helpful advice that has been provided with the completed questionnaires. I will try to migrate the questionnaire over to Survey Monkey at the week-end to ease completion.

In the meantime please continue to give your support by participating.

Best Wishes,

Steve

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Hey Steve,

What are the rules with medical pubs? In my field we're allowed to publish working papers before publication. If you're allowed to do so that'd be nice.

If it makes you feel any better, the typical cycle for us from initial submission to final publication is about 2-3 years with at least 3 rounds!!!
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

RBW Member Karsten_DK is an unknown quantity at this point Karsten_DK's Avatar
    Megalodon SW

Done!

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

If you've got 5 minutes......

.....you could ruin my chance of a quiet evening in front of the TV by having me collate questionnaires and enter them into excel. :D

Questionnaire at the top of the spread.

I thank you.

Steve

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ  View Original Post
    If you've got 5 minutes......

.....you could ruin my chance of a quiet evening in front of the TV by having me collate questionnaires and enter them into excel. :D

Questionnaire at the top of the spread.

I thank you.

Steve
    What getting bored of UK Idol reruns? :D

John

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    What getting bored of UK Idol reruns? :D

John
    LOL :D

It is now much easier to take part in the research project.

Click Here to take survey

Best Wishes,

Steve

Hans C. Kaspersetz luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok's Avatar

Sent the DOC version in. Didn't see the bit about the survey monkey version until after, sorry.

Hans

RBW Member Downtime is an unknown quantity at this point Downtime's Avatar
    OptimaFX

Poseidon MkVI

Also sent the doc in.

What premise are you trying to prove/validate/etc?

Cheers,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Downtime  View Original Post
    Also sent the doc in.

What premise are you trying to prove/validate/etc?

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time.

My premise is that the null hypothesis applies in that there is no significant differenced in terms of health and dive practices between a population of open circuilt divers and a population of rebreather divers. Areas I am looking at are, age, obesity, pre-existing medical conditions (high BP, diabetes etc), levels of self reported fitness and types and frequency of dives undertaken.

The secondary aim is a more general look at prescribed and non-prescribed medication taken by all divers.

For other interested folk, the link is here: Diving Research Medical 1

Best Wishes,

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast