+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey's Week long Cay Sal Bank Trip Sept 12th

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Monkey's Week long Cay Sal Bank Trip Sept 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Our Embarcation point is Fortlauderdale Florida

what I did the last time and will do this time is have all the O2, Trimix, EAC, Sorb, Boosters, Rental Tanks, and spare equipment needed for the trip waiting on the boat.

and any one flying in from out of town can ship via fedex or UPS there eequipment to me first.. and then it also will be waiting on the boat.

this cuts logistics for you guys down to the bare minimum...

all you have to do is fly into fortlauderdale airport and the crew will pick you up at the air port .... so you don't need to rent a car to get to the boat.
    For any newcomers, I can tell you that this system worked flawlessly last trip. Everything was waiting for us on the boat when we arrived for departure. For those of you flying in, this will make life very easy. :)

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

I'm going to put it in my plans as well. Maybe I can get my buddy Gary to go as well.

P.S.
    I'm just glad the KISS flys under the radar most of the time...but it may be a KISSlodon at the time...so....
    Last edited by vidodivr; 7th January 2009 at 22:00.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Cay Sal Bank Bahamas

Situated just 30 miles (49 km) north of Cuba, Cay Sal Bank is the most remote area of the Bahamas. With one of the highest concentrations of blue holes in the world and spectacular vertical walls, Cay Sal Bank offers exotic diving.

September 12-19th 2009

Special Guests

Richie Kohler: Official Site of Technical Diver & Shipwreck Researcher

John Chatterton

Departs Fort Lauderdale Florida.

Itinerary

Saturday:
    Embarkation begins in Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 p.m. The Captain's welcome aboard briefing begins at 9:00 p.m. Take Water Taxi out to one of Fort Lauderdale's many fine restaurants for an enjoyable dinner ashore. Vessel departs Fort Lauderdale for Grand Bahama island at around 11:00 p.m. Note: Port Everglades' tight security restrictions require that our guests be accompanied to the boat by our designated badged ground agents.

Sunday:
    Clear Bahamian customs in Cat Cay. Dive South Tuna Alley and Victory Reef. After a night dive, we'll head down to Orange Cay.

Monday:
    Dive and snorkel sites around Orange Cay on the immense Andros bank. After the night dive, we'll set our course for Cay Sal Bank.

Tuesday: Blue Hole Heaven!
    Dive the spectacular mysterious blues holes of Cay Sal Bank and Damas reef. Unlike the blue hole off Central America, the perimeter of these holes are lush with vibrant virgin coral gardens, tons of fish, and curious nurse sharks.

Wednesday: More Blue Hole Heaven!
    Continue exploring more blue holes with names like "Sistine Chapel" and "Shark Hole", each one with its own character and mystique. Be sure to say "hi' to the giant lobster. Afternoon shark dive on the "ski slope" at the Shark Hole.

Thursday:
    Morning drift dives along the electrifying wall of Elbow Cay (look for Whale Sharks). Afternoon snorkeling and exploring at Water Cay, "nature's amusement park." Late afternoon departure for Bimini.

Friday:
    Morning dives at North Tuna Alley. Quick stop at Cat Cay during lunch to clear customs. In the afternoon, explore a shallow reef near Bimini before an optional excursion ashore which would no doubt to include "refreshments" and Calypso music at the "Sand Bar". Bimini is the island that prompted American author "Papa" Ernest Hemingway's famous novel "Islands in the Stream."

Saturday:
    You'll arrive back in Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 a.m. After clearing U.S. customs and immigrations, our vans will transport you to the Fort Lauderdale International Airport or your local hotel. Please schedule flights after noon.

THE SWATH ADVANTAGE

Nekton's Liveaboards utilize a unique Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull (SWATH) design technology to provide you with the smoothest ride unlike any other live-aboards.
    Why are SWATH vessels so stable? The key is the two submarine-like pontoons (see pictures) that can ride completely submerged beneath the surface of the water (unlike a catamaran where the pontoons only ride on the surface of the water.)

As a diver, you know that even on a rough day, the water is calmer just a few feet below the choppy surface - that's precisely where the pontoons which provide the buoyancy for a are located - hence the submerged pontoons act as stabilizers giving you the feeling you're on a vessel more than eight times its size!

The cabins have Full size Queen beds or 2 double sized beds private bathrooms and serious storage.

If you are new to rebreathers this is a KILLER way to get a lot of time on the units.

Trip Pricing:

$1700 (per person) includes all Food, Fuel Surcharges and all taxes (both Bahamian and US)
    Jugs of Sorb will be 140 a jug. Waiting on the boat
    Cases of EAC’s will be 120 waiting on the boat (I am willing to split cases)
    02 will 10 dollars a day and rental bottles will be 5 dollars a day.
    Booster use will be free (3 will be aboard)
    There will also be a full complement of CCR service items on board. Extra cells, o rings, 02 grease, etc.
    Banked 21/35 and banked 10/50 will be available and priced upon going rate and my mood.
    This is a Seven day trip with five days of diving and five drops per day, or 2 long ass drops and kick ass night diving.
    If you are willing to pay by cash or check there a 50 dollar discount.

This trip is ideal for the Tech husband / recreational Wife teams.. I cannot stress to you how accommodating the crew is with Techdivers. (other people who have been on my trips can confirm)

To make this as easy as possible to people looking to fly in you may ship your gear to me ahead of time via FEDEX or UPS and it will be waiting for you on the boat. (shipping back to you will cost extra)
    Booze is Extra. But if you tell me what you need I can have it waiting for you but you will owe me a drink.

We can even handle Vegans.

To hold a seat on the trip I require a 400 dollar deposit. You can contact me at 305-790-1444 or at james@bigassmonkey.com
    Last edited by Monkey; 7th January 2009 at 22:26.

Cay Sal Bank Bahamas

Situated just 30 miles (49 km) north of Cuba, Cay Sal Bank is the most remote area of the Bahamas. With one of the highest concentrations of blue holes in the world and spectacular vertical walls, Cay Sal Bank offers exotic diving.

September 12-19th 2009

Special Guests

Richie Kohler: Official Site of Technical Diver & Shipwreck Researcher

John Chatterton

Departs Fort Lauderdale Florida.

Itinerary

Saturday:
    Embarkation begins in Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 p.m. The Captain's welcome aboard briefing begins at 9:00 p.m. Take Water Taxi out to one of Fort Lauderdale's many fine restaurants for an enjoyable dinner ashore. Vessel departs Fort Lauderdale for Grand Bahama island at around 11:00 p.m. Note: Port Everglades' tight security restrictions require that our guests be accompanied to the boat by our designated badged ground agents.

Sunday:
    Clear Bahamian customs in Cat Cay. Dive South Tuna Alley and Victory Reef. After a night dive, we'll head down to Orange Cay.

Monday:
    Dive and snorkel sites around Orange Cay on the immense Andros bank. After the night dive, we'll set our course for Cay Sal Bank.

Tuesday: Blue Hole Heaven!
    Dive the spectacular mysterious blues holes of Cay Sal Bank and Damas reef. Unlike the blue hole off Central America, the perimeter of these holes are lush with vibrant virgin coral gardens, tons of fish, and curious nurse sharks.

Wednesday: More Blue Hole Heaven!
    Continue exploring more blue holes with names like "Sistine Chapel" and "Shark Hole", each one with its own character and mystique. Be sure to say "hi' to the giant lobster. Afternoon shark dive on the "ski slope" at the Shark Hole.

Thursday:
    Morning drift dives along the electrifying wall of Elbow Cay (look for Whale Sharks). Afternoon snorkeling and exploring at Water Cay, "nature's amusement park." Late afternoon departure for Bimini.

Friday:
    Morning dives at North Tuna Alley. Quick stop at Cat Cay during lunch to clear customs. In the afternoon, explore a shallow reef near Bimini before an optional excursion ashore which would no doubt to include "refreshments" and Calypso music at the "Sand Bar". Bimini is the island that prompted American author "Papa" Ernest Hemingway's famous novel "Islands in the Stream."

Saturday:
    You'll arrive back in Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 a.m. After clearing U.S. customs and immigrations, our vans will transport you to the Fort Lauderdale International Airport or your local hotel. Please schedule flights after noon.

THE SWATH ADVANTAGE

Nekton's Liveaboards utilize a unique Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull (SWATH) design technology to provide you with the smoothest ride unlike any other live-aboards.
    Why are SWATH vessels so stable? The key is the two submarine-like pontoons (see pictures) that can ride completely submerged beneath the surface of the water (unlike a catamaran where the pontoons only ride on the surface of the water.)

As a diver, you know that even on a rough day, the water is calmer just a few feet below the choppy surface - that's precisely where the pontoons which provide the buoyancy for a are located - hence the submerged pontoons act as stabilizers giving you the feeling you're on a vessel more than eight times its size!

The cabins have Full size Queen beds or 2 double sized beds private bathrooms and serious storage.

If you are new to rebreathers this is a KILLER way to get a lot of time on the units.

YouTube - Nekton Pilot

Trip Pricing:

$1700 (per person) includes all Food, Fuel Surcharges and all taxes (both Bahamian and US)
    Jugs of Sorb will be 140 a jug. Waiting on the boat
    Cases of EAC’s will be 120 waiting on the boat (I am willing to split cases)
    02 will 10 dollars a day and rental bottles will be 5 dollars a day.
    Booster use will be free (3 will be aboard)
    There will also be a full complement of CCR service items on board. Extra cells, o rings, 02 grease, etc.
    Banked 21/35 and banked 10/50 will be available and priced upon going rate and my mood.
    This is a Seven day trip with five days of diving and five drops per day, or 2 long ass drops and kick ass night diving.
    If you are willing to pay by cash or check there a 50 dollar discount.

This trip is ideal for the Tech husband / recreational Wife teams.. I cannot stress to you how accommodating the crew is with Techdivers. (other people who have been on my trips can confirm)

To make this as easy as possible to people looking to fly in you may ship your gear to me ahead of time via FEDEX or UPS and it will be waiting for you on the boat. (shipping back to you will cost extra)
    Booze is Extra. But if you tell me what you need I can have it waiting for you but you will owe me a drink.

We can even handle Vegans.

To hold a seat on the trip I require a 400 dollar deposit. You can contact me at 305-790-1444 or at james@bigassmonkey.com
    Well Damn count me in!!!! and as for booze, lets get some JOHNNY WALKER GOLD, 7 days, ehhh lets have 3 bottles. (in case I drop one)...Cant tell you how much I am looking forward to this! oh and the diving too
    Richie Kohler

"It is seldom we meet men, whose souls steeled in the impenetrable armor of resolution, are willing to fight a losing battle to the last..."
    Lord Jim, Joeseph Conrad, 1900

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    What am I, chopped liver?
    Or something that looks similar.... Can't afford to keep the Optima, but can afford the trip????

Wish I could go, but that's the beginning of the semester. Gotta whip my students into shape early.

Ken

Train Wrecked Guppy ;) brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr's Avatar

Monkey,
    Count me IN! I sent you a PM too :D

KISS Classic +1

b.
    Last edited by brockbr; 8th January 2009 at 12:44.
    iDeco Pro - iPhone Decompression Planning
    iDeco Pro

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Or something that looks similar.... Can't afford to keep the Optima, but can afford the trip????
    Ken
    He was selling the O2ptima to buy a Revo, no ?

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

so here is the break down

Monkey-MEG
    Mrs Monkey-rEvo
    Timmy-MEG
    John Chatterton- MEG
    Mrs. John Chatterson-OC
    Richie Kohler- YBOD
    Captain Oliver - MEG
    brockbr- KISS
    edasque- Optima
    Howard - Optima
    vidodivr- KISS

We have several more tentative that will round out the list in a few days...
    I can not tell you how good it is to see a mix of ReBreathers.
    Last edited by Monkey; 8th January 2009 at 14:57.

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

so here is the break down

Monkey-MEG
    Mrs Monkey-rEvo
    Timmy-MEG
    John Chatterton- MEG
    Mrs. John Chatterson-OC
    Richie Kohler- YBOD
    Captain Oliver - MEG
    brockbr- KISS
    edasque- Optima
    Howard - Optima
    vidodivr- KISS

We have several more tentative that will round out the list in a few days...
    I can not tell you how good it is to see a mix of ReBreathers.
    Sign my wife and I up. Looking forward to some more long dives.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Swadiver and wife (Daniele O/C) are in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast