+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Engine Room Of The Oriskany?

RBW Member JIMWOODALL is an unknown quantity at this point JIMWOODALL's Avatar

Engine Room Of The Oriskany?

Has Anyone Been To The Engine Room Yet? I Have Heard It Hasnt Been Done. Also Does Anyone Now How To Obtain Blueprints(correct)?

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Engine Room Of The Oriskany?

There was a show a few weeks ago on Discovery, I think, that show some really deep penetrations into the wreck. I caught it halfway through, so I don't know who was on the team, but I'm pretty sure there was some footage of the engine room. The team was definitely on RB, as there were several shots of different divers throughout the show. I saw a Meg, a Kiss, and perhaps an Inspo. You might check out Discovery channel's website to see if there is any info.

I don't know where to find blueprints, but Innovative scuba has a laminated map available. It just shows the main structure and points of interest, not the interior.

I've been in as far as the hangar bay and took a quick look down the big hole in the middle of the ship they cut for the sinking. I was on OC and pretty much leave as soon as I go to depth.

Hope this helps,

FD:)

Thanks For The Info So Fast..i Really Want To Try It. I Have Been to the Hanger Deck I Believe 165' Came Up Inside To Top Of Structure

Not a euphemism! woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody is a name known to all woody's Avatar

This may be of interest.

Mike.

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by JIMWOODALL  View Original Post
    Has Anyone Been To The Engine Room Yet? I Have Heard It Hasnt Been Done. Also Does Anyone Now How To Obtain Blueprints(correct)?
    Yes and yes. The deck plans are available from users Uncle Ricky and IntoTec on The Deco Stop.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by woody  View Original Post
    This may be of interest.

Mike.
    Dammit - I was looking for that video last night. I remember the guy who posted it on the Deco Stop got roasted for going to the engine room on a single cylinder.

I guess I should have just looked for "Oriskany Engine room" on you tube!

Quote Originally Posted by woody  View Original Post
    This may be of interest.

Mike.

YouTube - Diving the USS Oriskany Engine Room
    Thanks Mike. Jim

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Dammit - I was looking for that video last night. I remember the guy who posted it on the Deco Stop got roasted for going to the engine room on a single cylinder.

I guess I should have just looked for "Oriskany Engine room" on you tube!

it was indeed the first thing that came to my mind...i said that guy is nuts!!! but i guess the guy did get a lot of hassle, so i'll let him off. at least i saw 2 regs on his tank...(if that mitigates his actions..)

Spyros

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    it was indeed the first thing that came to my mind...i said that guy is nuts!!! but i guess the guy did get a lot of hassle, so i'll let him off. at least i saw 2 regs on his tank...(if that mitigates his actions..)

Spyros
    I remember him saying he had planned gas conservatively, and had gas staged. Not how I would have done it, but to each his own.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

I forgot about the video. It was on here several months ago. Guess it's confirmed. By the way, I recall the grief this guy caught for this dive. Crazy or brave, depends on your point of view I suppose. I peeked in the big hole in the hangar bay on a single OC 100, but no way I would attempt a major penetration like that. Gotta hand it to him, the guy has balls!....or $&*(## for brains.:D

FD:)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast