+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Post Re: Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

Very nice.
    I have 1 or 3 Questions re Brett's setup.
    Hope i'm not here.

1: Are they steel bailout tanks? (rounded ends)

Removing CK from his back underwater how is this done?
    2: What Harness is he using or can we adapt our own.

3: What wing is he using again is it specific the setup.

4: Can we go to see pictures of this setup somewhere so i can get a better idea of how it put together.

Thanks Guys & Gals

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

Re: Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

Curt!

Very nice video! I have been wondering about how to mount and connect at BOV on my Meg, and watching Brett explaining what and why he does things helped me out a lot.

Personally I am very exited about the fact that you are the new CEO of RBW. Good things has happened since you took over the site. WORLD CLASS!

Looking forward to seeing the new videos.

ATB

/Mads

CK #159 caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Meg

From what I have seen, looks like the CK is clipped on over a standard OC cave diving side mount setup. The BC would be the Armadillo, Curt and Brett created it.

At the CCR Cave Summit Brett was displaying with something like a HP100 or LP85. Last time I saw him in the water he was diving LP120's. So two steel sidemounts. At the Summit it also looked like he had one Ali stage.

Cheers!!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    Very nice.
    Hope i'm not here.

4: Can we go to see pictures of this setup somewhere so i can get a better idea of how it put together.

Thanks Guys & Gals

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

The whole thing is to difficult to discribe on a forum

So, Brett, Jakub from Golem Gear and I are currently working on another video that helps discribe how we set up our CCR sidemount harness, sidemount cylinders, regs, etc.

I have another shoot this weekend in north florida for some inwater cave shots and detailed discriptions.

Hope to have the video completed in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    Very nice.
    Hope i'm not here.

Thanks Guys & Gals

RBW Member Toman is an unknown quantity at this point Toman's Avatar

Hi,

I like the idea of having a back-up of the O2.

Can this be done on a Meg also?

Cheers
    Thomas

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Yes, All you would need to do is plum the second O2 into the Manual oxygen Add on the counterlung

One bailout dil would need to be QC'd into the ADV and the other pluged into the manual Dil add.

Simple to do

Quote Originally Posted by Toman  View Original Post
    Hi,

I like the idea of having a back-up of the O2.

Can this be done on a Meg also?

Cheers
    Thomas

Thanks Curt

I've looked at a lot of pictures of gears for the last month or so and it is the first time I see this.

Taking two O2s and two stages of diluents... I'm curious to see what my Instructor will say about it during my Mod-1 ;)

Thomas

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Thanks Curt

I've looked at a lot of pictures of gears for the last month or so and it is the first time I see this.

Taking two O2s and two stages of diluents... I'm curious to see what my Instructor will say about it during my Mod-1 ;)

Thomas
    I would bet, if your taking a course, they will make you change it back to the original. Liability?

An idea to keep for later... I will ask him though

Another question: Brett recommends in the video to have a spare BOV. Does he take one with him in the water and would be able to change it during the dive if necessary? Or does it stay in the bag?

Cheers
    Thomas

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

An idea to keep for later... I will ask him though

Another question: Brett recommends in the video to have a spare BOV. Does he take one with him in the water and would be able to change it during the dive if necessary? Or does it stay in the bag?

Cheers
    Thomas
    Spare mouth piece and zip tie, not BOV