+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW RBW

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

The NEW RBW

Now that all contracts have been signed and the keys turned over to me, I would like to start learning more on what the members of RBW would like to see completed?

RBW was originally designed as a location where rebreather enthusiast and up-coming divers new to CCR could visit, learn about CCR’s, speak with experts, discuss new ideas, and make new friends.

I do understand that everyone has different opinions and views; this is what makes forums what they are. I also understand that not everyone is going to get along and there will be arguments amongst members.

Saying this, I have heard many complain about the bickering and mud throwing here on RBW. Disagreements on thoughts and ideas are acceptable; mud throwing and name calling on RBW will not be accepted.

If the moderators are required to pull threads or ban members because of such behavior, than so be it. I feel most members will learn much more without those who cannot conduct themselves in a friendly manner.

With that said:

It will take about 30 days for the whole site to be moved to ADMs USA servers and all the kinks ironed out. Please excuse any construction mess during this movement.

Please feel free to make suggestion on how we can improve RBW.

Thanks for your support and ideas.

Curt Bowen

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: The NEW RBW

Free one year subscriptions to ADM???!!!!.

RBW Member Chip is an unknown quantity at this point Chip's Avatar
    Meg, sidemount CCR, Meg 15

Meg

Congrats Curt.

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Congratulations Curt,

Would certainly like to see a little tighter moderation to improve civility, rule conformity and less tolerance for those trafficking in bare faced lies.

Would really appreciate you turning on the indicator that shows which threads you have posted on. On "The Deco Stop" an arrow appears to the left of each thread you have posted on when viewing the index for new threads. This is very helpful if you are only checking the threads you have posted on.

Anyway, Good Luck with your new venture!

Ted

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

With that said:

It will take about 30 days for the whole site to be moved to ADMs USA servers and all the kinks ironed out. Please excuse any construction mess during this movement.

Please feel free to make suggestion on how we can improve RBW.

Thanks for your support and ideas.

Curt Bowen
    Great to hear and congrats on expanding the ADM brand.

The one thing I would like to say is don't change what works, just improve on what we already have. It's not like this place is broken or we need some new software package, we just need a bit more involvement from the people who own this place.

Look forward to the next phase of Rebreather World.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

interesting development, congrats!

Many folks seem to think there is something that needs fixing... let's start by acknowledging what an amazing phenomenon this is, how successful and valuable it has been and continues to be. I can't imagine those that started this sight ever imagined just what it would become... i'm sure it has far surpassed the wildest expectations Stuart and others originally had. running such a sight is not easy, I run a forum for a consumer lobby in WA state and it's, as I said, not easy to get something like this off the ground and working so well. Kudos to all!! I have learned so much here!!!

there is lots of valuable stuff here already, keep it coming everyone!

The one thing I wish for dearly, is for the facilitation of a third party, objective clearinghouse for data analysis of the living as well as perished divers... we need to get to the bottom of what is working as well as what is not.

I would happily fill out detailed information about myself, my diving style, even download my dives, anything that a panel determines would help over time to better understand how to make this sport safer, this could be done digitally through a sight like this. I'd happily make public my wishes if I was to ever perish while diving, so that valuable information does not get lost due to well meaning relatives. this community is begging for such a clearinghouse, the question is, who's going to do it.

Also, I would hope that the sponsorship by manufacturers not be allowed to clowd the free exchange of information... though I have no reason to believe that goes on now, just hoping it doesn't and won't in the future.

Anyway, thanks for keeping on keeping on... there's little i'd change, I think it works remakably well considering the limitations of cyberspace.

onwards and downwards,
    george

Gill Envy

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Hey, Curt. What I love about this site is the amazing amount and depth of knowledge here- there are some painfully smart rocket scientists that design and build rebreathers and stuff to unwind after they finish their shifts as Space Shuttle brain surgeons who study the effects of solar winds on the libidos of albino tree frogs and so forth. Also, some pilots. And then there are guys like me who are just divers.

What has started to really suck about this site is......well.....kind of hard to define. Innocent questions about decompression get answered with 129 posts of hysterical safety mongers screeching from the trees about how nobody in their right mind would ask such a question. Other people who claim to be expert CCR divers rail endlessly against the various CCR manufacturers, claiming that Dr. Kevorkian is helping them design their wares. Sure, we would all like to see CCRs become safer, but the way some of our members go about campaigning for safety is far, far, from helpful or constructive.

This site is global, and you're gonna get all kinds of people coming on here, obviously.
    What I'd like to see a whole lot more of is trip reports- people using rebreathers to explore the underwater world. Or just new CCR divers asking questions, and getting good advice. Stories of exploration and survival. You know, like you have in your magazine!

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Curt:

I'm fastening my seat belt in anticipation of what Rebreather World will look like, as am continually amazed with the high quality and surperb graphics of each ADM issue.

Lots about RBW that isn't broke, although this is the second time I'm writing this reply as the first was "mysteriously" lost as I was previewing. Still, RBW was there for me when I came over to CC, and that experience helps me to be more tolerant of questions and statements by newer CC divers, as well as the BS on the longer threads that always seems to get straightened out along the line.

Hope this new venture won't eat into your diving too much, and that it doesn't take away from what ADM has become.

Best regards,

Bill

ps: How about a spell checker for those of us who can't!

Smeagle-the dive carnival otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround's Avatar
    Ouroboros

O2ptima

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    The one thing I wish for dearly, is for the facilitation of a third party, objective clearinghouse for data analysis of the living as well as perished divers... we need to get to the bottom of what is working as well as what is not.

I would happily fill out detailed information about myself, my diving style, even download my dives, anything that a panel determines would help over time to better understand how to make this sport safer, this could be done digitally through a sight like this. I'd happily make public my wishes if I was to ever perish while diving, so that valuable information does not get lost due to well meaning relatives. this community is begging for such a clearinghouse, the question is, who's going to do it.

Also, I would hope that the sponsorship by manufacturers not be allowed to clowd the free exchange of information... though I have no reason to believe that goes on now, just hoping it doesn't and won't in the future.
    I THINK THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA! The site could be a storehouse of records. I personally use a sensus which gathers detailed and precise dive info. I would be more than willing to fill out a public record and a tracker for diving. It would help having people kick in opinions on my profiles and have a spot to share them. I know it may smack too much of a log book for oldtimers. But an upload of an incident dive could benefit us ALL. Once again the numbers of us being lost to the depths is far too high! Wishing you all the best in the improvement and further development of such a wonderful resource!

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Re-Do the entire Moderators list and replace them with people put forth by the acclaimation of the members. Start fresh there and you'll do well.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast