+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tec talk in Birmingham

Dave Tomlinson DaveT2 is an unknown quantity at this point DaveT2's Avatar

Re: Tec talk in Birmingham

No confirmation yet - just had the funds collected after 3 weeks & was beginning to wonder if I was missing something too!

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a good weekend out.

DaveT2

Tor Aadnevik Totto is an unknown quantity at this point Totto's Avatar
    Copis Meg Diver

Hi,
    Anyone know if it's possible to email in the registration form?

Best
    Tor

RBW Member Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M's Avatar

I just got a PM from a Rebreather World member querying the date of the Birmingham dive show. It appears that there is some confusion which should be clarified.

There are TWO dive shows in Birmingham this November...!

The first one is called "Dive 2008" and is being organised by Diver Magazine. This is primarily aimed at recreational scuba divers. See link here:

Diveshows Dive 2008

This one takes place on November 1/2.

Just two weeks later there is "Eurotek 2008" which is organised by a group of technical divers. Quite an achievement for just a group of friends! See link here:

Eurotek advanced diving conference

This one takes place on November 15/16 and is aimed at advanced/technical/rebreather divers.

I'm sure that they will both be good dive shows. I am definitely going to Eurotek 2008. I haven't made my mind up yet about Dive 2008.

Don't get the two shows mixed up... they are different !

Someone commented about tickets not arriving very promptly. I have been in contact with Carl Spencer, one of the co-organisers. They do have a backlog and they are processing tickets as quickly as they can. I sent my cheque off two weeks ago and I haven't received my tickets yet. However, I'm not worried. They will come in time, Carl has given me assurance.

RBW Member Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totto  View Original Post
    Hi,
    Anyone know if it's possible to email in the registration form?

Best
    Tor
    Unfortunately not. This is a major dive event which is just being organised by a few diving friends. They have not put together Internet credit card facilities for this first conference. I'm sure if it is a success then they will run it again next year and they will have an online payment system in place.

For this year, you have to send a cheque by snail mail. It's the only way to get tickets.

Tickets are not available by payment on the day.

Persevere... and from the published program of presentations and workshops, I'm sure that it will be worth the effort.

See you there.

Regards, Steve Millard

Tor Aadnevik Totto is an unknown quantity at this point Totto's Avatar
    Copis Meg Diver

Hi Steve,
    So the credit card option in the registration form is not accepted?

Thanks
    Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-M  View Original Post
    Unfortunately not. This is a major dive event which is just being organised by a few diving friends. They have not put together Internet credit card facilities for this first conference. I'm sure if it is a success then they will run it again next year and they will have an online payment system in place.

For this year, you have to send a cheque by snail mail. It's the only way to get tickets.

Tickets are not available by payment on the day.

Persevere... and from the published program of presentations and workshops, I'm sure that it will be worth the effort.

See you there.

Regards, Steve Millard

New Member barry120M is an unknown quantity at this point barry120M's Avatar

Don’t worry you will have your tickets Roz (Rosemary E Lunn
    Co-organiser EuroTek.08 ) as it all under control you will firstly receive an email informing you of your unique delegate number. You will then be able to collect your pass after showing this email at the door. So must take your email with you to collect your pass.

There have been a slight change around in timings and three new people added, so I have attached the New revised Schedule for the conference

Looking forward to it

Barry
    Attached Files

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

3 more for Euro Tek, coming down from Leeds.

Anyone else going to the Gala Dinner?

Have we got enough for a RBW table?

RBW gonna be exhibiting at Euro Tek?

Cheers

Seb

RBW Member gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas's Avatar
    Megalodon

RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU

Any idea if a video recording will be done (and released) like for the DAN conference early this year?
    It would be extremely useful for those of us that cant attend

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo  View Original Post
    Is there any kind of meeting point for Rebreather World user?
    I would imagine that most if not all of the Rebreather W divers going to Eurotek 2008 on the Saturday will be attending Martin Parker's talk:

“Staying in the loop” ~ a close look at rebreather accidents.
    By EuroTek Presenter Martin Parker.

11:50 AM-12:50 PM

There is a lunch break just after this. We should try get together following Martin's talk just to say hello. It would be nice to put some faces to some of the names I see on this forum.

I will be there ... will you?

Steve Millard

Quote Originally Posted by Totto  View Original Post
    Hi Steve,
    So the credit card option in the registration form is not accepted?

Thanks
    Tor
    Hmmmm...yes.

the website does not mention online booking using a Visa credit card but when you download the booking form, it does.

Probably I misunderstood what Carl Spencer told me. It must be that you can buy tickets using a credit card if you send your details in by post ... but you cannot buy tickets by using a credit card online. I guess that's what is what they mean to say. Sorry about the confusion. My fault.

Here is what the website says:

Tickets & Weekend/Day Passes
    TICKETS NOW ON SALE
    EuroTek.08 note:-
    Thank you for visiting. Day / weekend passes will be limited to specific numbers due to fire regulations. Tickets will be issues on a first come first served basis. No tickets will be available on the doors. Please download the booking form below and print it off (you will need a copy of adobe acrobat reader to open the PDF file) fill out the required fields and then post it back to us, all the details are on the form.

Single day pass £22.75
    Weekend pass £41.50
    Four course Gala dinner and Tek divers special awards evening £45 (on site at ICC )
    Download booking form >> ..........requires acrobat reader to open download free here >>
    Note:- All booking and payment instructions are on the form which you need to download and print off complete and send back to EuroTek to secure your booking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast