+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: N.E.R.D or N.Y.R.D is being formed!

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: N.E.R.D or N.Y.R.D is being formed!

Sounds like it could be fun, count me in.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Re: N.E.R.D

While a pub meeting might be fun- people are all over the place and it might not suit times and places- so i am going to look into an online meeting setup- time, and methodology to follow-we each can have our bottle of beer at hand to make it pub like. just will be hard to see how far my hands are apart about the size of the fish i saw. I am gathering the list of contacts just to be able to send out proposed dives WE may like to do and not have the universe aware with a general message. If any of this makes sense just let me know. Does this mean we need pocket protectors?

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

i dont have pockets on my star trek crewmans tunic.....................
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    ok then put some tape on the bridge of your mask

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

If anyone wants some friendly suggestions about doing this from someone that has been there and done that, feel free to contact us S.C.R.U.B. members. To pass on a bit of history to you, we did not have meetings or such to start things out. We set up dive trips that would suit any rebreather diver, such as shallower and easy dives, during our founding days. We would go for dinner after the dive, and that was where our best discussions and ideas would emerge.

Communicate via email and on RBW before trips. If you get active enough, perhaps you can get your own little RBW area started, and that will make planning trips even easier.

Good luck to all!

wondering how a mid week trip to say the Oregon would have interest to any? , a NJ trip midweek week after? . If i get my new handsets/head back in time,weather cooperates i am hoping to do a Coimbra trip friday with Sidekick-(sea turtle's baby brother) Could be first NERD dive. U pay captain directly-say ur a NERD-but i am sure he will be able to ascertain that without you saying anything. :)
    Last edited by jiseson; 26th August 2008 at 15:04.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

kybrt = ensign expendable

RBW Member seaturtle is an unknown quantity at this point seaturtle's Avatar

This sounds like a great idea. I'm all for rebreather only trips.
    Both the Sea Turtle (Montauk, NY) and Sidekick (Hampton Bays, NY) are six packs boats that are set up to dive any depth range seven days a week.
    Count me in the group.
    Peace, Capt. Chuck Wade

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

personally right now i dont think i could get on the independence for a deep trip as they dont know me, im guessing they want to see me survive the shallows first.
    I can't speak for Captain Dan, but I'm sure a good report from Captain Chuck would go a long way. In the past, if Dan didn't know a diver's capabilities, he asked for references.

YMMV
    Last edited by Dave O; 26th August 2008 at 15:06. Reason: sp

thank you Chuck. All boat captains comments are welcome! Rebreather only trips and boats that welcome their usage and needs are what i/we am seeking.
    Last edited by jiseson; 26th August 2008 at 15:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast