+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Pit and BMB Passage at 105M

Hans C. Kaspersetz luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok's Avatar

The Pit and BMB Passage at 105M

Here it is, another installment of the Patrick and Hans show. We are doing some diving using our Megalodons at The Pit in the Dos Ojos system. In the last month Patrick made two dives. The first dive to the end of the Wakulla Room at 92M and the second to the end of the BMB passage at 105M. On both dives I played the support diver role. Patrick wrote an article for your enjoyment, check it out.

Cave Diving at The Pit in Mexico.

For those of your who don't like to read, we have some photos.

Tune in for regular updates, we have another dive schedule to push into or prepare to push into Jill's Chamber.

Hans

RBW Member gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas's Avatar
    Megalodon

RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU

Re: The Pit and BMB Passage at 105M

nice writeup, nice dives... have you made any modifications to your meg for the deep dives? what are you doing for deco?

PS...I am jelous! warm water cave diving.... diving with out hoods... thats really very rare....

RBW Member mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff has a spectacular aura about mortenkjerulff's Avatar

Thanks!
    I really enjoyed reading this, and look foreward to hear more
    Congratulations on the achievement!
    Best regards.

Hans C. Kaspersetz luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtzavelas  View Original Post
    nice writeup, nice dives... have you made any modifications to your meg for the deep dives? what are you doing for deco?

PS...I am jelous! warm water cave diving.... diving with out hoods... thats really very rare....
    We haven't made any modifications specifically for deep diving. Although we have spent a lot of time tuning and tweaking, making minor adjustments so we can carry enough tanks, hose routing it tight, ect ect ect... Patrick might have a different view, or I might not be aware of some of the changes he made.

We both devinverted our tanks. I have a manifold to plumb in off-board gas on the DIL side. Patrick attaches his deep bailout to his right CL. I leave that port open. We both have our O2 on our left CL. Beyond that, the units are pretty standard.

Deco is done in water on the main line or decsent lines. Patrick's deco is based on VPM and he is using an X1. I am using a VR3 with Bulh and my bailout plans are VPM. I know that isn't optimal, I am going to be moving over to the X1/VPM in a couple of days when my wife returns from the states. All the deco is done on the rebreathers.

As Deco progresses, I am exchanging tanks for Patrick and bring him snacks and beverages. It looks like there will need to be a habitat in our future. Our total run times are really going to start to increase.

I think the photos are misleading, we both needed our hoods. Patrick dives dry and was cold at the end of the dive. I use a 9MM, which I will be trading for my dry suit in September when I can get it from the states. We both wore our hoods for the almost all of the diving. I just happen to take my hood off when I was ferrying tanks around and posing. I think we were in the water for close to 4 hours each day, that is plenty of time to get cold.

Hans

I'm working on it! Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac's Avatar

Great write up. Thanks. Patrick, hopefully we'll get to dive together again soon.
    Cheers.

RBW Member david_1 is an unknown quantity at this point david_1's Avatar

two piles of deco bottles what 1st stages are on the pile in the foreground ?

David

Quote Originally Posted by david_1  View Original Post
    two piles of deco bottles what 1st stages are on the pile in the foreground ?David
    Most of the tanks in that pile belong to Vicktor who is a member on this board, you might want to ask him. I believe the silver first stages are the ones that come with Apeks ATX100 regulators. The black one is a ATX200 first stage. And there is also a scuba pro first stage in that pile.

Patrick and I were using ATX200 and DST first stages. And one OMS Deco Reg.

Hans
    Last edited by luxrok; 21st August 2008 at 18:19.

RBW Member david_1 is an unknown quantity at this point david_1's Avatar

thanks so used to seeing DS4 they looked odd

RBW Member Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26's Avatar

Thanks! Has been some time since I last put out an article.
    Anyway, we just prep for tmrw. Blending is almost done, and we working on different plans since tmrw we will add dpvs to the equasion. I will write an article as soon as I get to it, but I take my only day off teaching tmrw to go and dive the pit. Then I will be teaching for the next 3 weeks straight.

cheers
    Patrick

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Nice report. So is this next gen? What kind of run times are you doing?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast