+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Me and my Sentinel...

RBW Member ch3micaldud3 is an unknown quantity at this point ch3micaldud3's Avatar
    Sentinel With Travel Frame

Me and my Sentinel...

Hi there,

Been surfing this board for some while now...

Today, my first BIG day:

Confined CCR Sentinel course...

I just loved it...

While I'm waiting for my rebreather to ship, I used the Instructors rebreather.

Gues what: I JUST CAN'T wait to do some "NO BUBBLE" dives again.

C ya

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Re: Me and my Sentinel...

Welcome aboard.
    Just a question, looking at your picture, it looks as if you have strapped down the hoses. Was that done by you or something the instructor did. Perhaps they should do something like the from factory.

RBW Member Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil's Avatar
    rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros

Inspiration, Megalodon,

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB  View Original Post
    Perhaps they should do something like the from factory.
    They do.... The new weight pocket has velcro straps to hold the hose down!

Cheers

RBW Member ch3micaldud3 is an unknown quantity at this point ch3micaldud3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB  View Original Post
    Welcome aboard.
    Just a question, looking at your picture, it looks as if you have strapped down the hoses. Was that done by you or something the instructor did. Perhaps they should do something like the from factory.

The hoses were tied down by my Instructor. But this is a "first generation" Sentinel... (an early bird...)

Thank you Phil, even I didn't know that...
    Looks like the factory is meeting customers demands...again...

Leaving this Thursday for a 4 day course to South France, I hope to post some pictures and my findings around august 20th.

Mikael Fridholm fridholm is an unknown quantity at this point fridholm's Avatar
    Sentinel CCR #108

Quote Originally Posted by ch3micaldud3  View Original Post
    Leaving this Thursday for a 4 day course to South France, I hope to post some pictures and my findings around august 20th.
    Have a nice course, I'm doing my course in 1st oktober :).

RBW Member Joel AKA Billy is an unknown quantity at this point Joel AKA Billy's Avatar

Hi,Just had a look at your profile picture. Great idea for tidying up the hoses. I can see that the Sentinel has a stainless stand, is this standard or has your instructor put this on as a custom part.I have mine on order and cant wait to get started.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Hi,
    nice to have You on board. I saw the sentinel rebreather at Safaga. Marc, one of the instructors has one. It is a well made unit and the electronic is even better. To me seems a little bulky, and the houses are quite long. But I never dived on, so I'm sure that in the water is a very nice rebreather.

Have fun and save diving
    Oswald from Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Joel AKA Billy  View Original Post
    I can see that the Sentinel has a stainless stand, is this standard or has your instructor put this on as a custom part.
    Hi there Joel,

Yes, its a custom part. And for me (but hey it was my first dive), it works out great... It keeps the rebreather upright, so it makes it easy to gear up.
    I'm already looking for something like this to put on mine, when it arrives.

Hugh Miller HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspo, Sentinel, Mk15.5

I also tie down my hoses with some bungee (Ritchie Stevensons suggestion) and some velcro straps turned up in the post from CCR -no explanation but I assume they are for tying down the hoses-

Having said all this though -- what new weight pocket/straps???
    Anyone got a photo? For the instructors out there who are seeing the units coming off the production line what other changes are being made?

Cheers

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Hi HMPThoose velcro straps are intended to secure the HUD and BOV MP hose to the breathing loop, they were missing in the first run of units as B&Q had run out of the stuff. All owners should be having them posted to them. Regarding the weight pockets these are similar to the small trim pockets that are found on the sentinels wing with the difference that they have a velcro loop so you can fasten them around the breathing loop hoses, this will I think be best placed towards the back of the unit. This is another option for the end user to decide on either the velcro trim pockets, another set of hose weights (this is what Al's got on his set-up and works great) or the bungee route (which I'm using) that does the job aswell. Pulling the hoses down and alittle away from the unit makes all the difference in the water and the unit dives like a dream.There are some other bits and bobs that are being changed at the mo and all current owners will get updates sent out to them.ATBMarc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast