+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vr3. Is it worth using just as 4th Cell

Inspo Luver Shaunzxr is an unknown quantity at this point Shaunzxr's Avatar

Vr3. Is it worth using just as 4th Cell

Diving with Hammerhead (Gradient Factors Deco)
    Looking at Proplanner software. Can't get the VR3 anywhere near the GF software MV-Plan, DDPlan, Gap etc

Upgrading the VR3 to VPM: because it's sooooo old would cost £675
    Not gonna do that.

So I just use it as a 4th cell, bending it every dive. Or I sell it to an OC buddy.

Because I have the Hammerhead I have 2 deco computers so don't really need the VR3 to do deco other than leaving it on OC in case I have to bail.
    (suggestions please)

Is there reasonable priced alternative to the VR3 4th cell. I just might sell it and get something else because I do like the 4th cell.
    Cheers

RBW Member Ferg3333 is an unknown quantity at this point Ferg3333's Avatar

Re: Vr3. Is it worth using just as 4th Cell

I know someone who might buy it I found the vr3 not to track fast enough for my liking as a fourth cell, so personally I would get rid of it. Other options include the shearwater 3 cell backup but thats gonna cost a grand but would easily get you home safe.

RBW Member diveladydive is on a distinguished road diveladydive is on a distinguished road diveladydive's Avatar

Re: Vr3. Is it worth using just as 4th Cell

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunzxr  View Original Post
    Diving with Hammerhead (Gradient Factors Deco)
    Looking at Proplanner software. Can't get the VR3 anywhere near the GF software MV-Plan, DDPlan, Gap etc

Upgrading the VR3 to VPM: because it's sooooo old would cost £675
    Not gonna do that.

So I just use it as a 4th cell, bending it every dive. Or I sell it to an OC buddy.

Because I have the Hammerhead I have 2 deco computers so don't really need the VR3 to do deco other than leaving it on OC in case I have to bail.
    (suggestions please)

Is there reasonable priced alternative to the VR3 4th cell. I just might sell it and get something else because I do like the 4th cell.
    Cheers

Use it as an independent, in case all your electronics go to hell in a handbasket. The logarithms deco out slower than pure RGBM, but it's a sweet computer. I've deived most on the market, & the VR 3 is worth holding on to unless there is a strong need to sell.

-Peri

+ Reply to Thread