+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Trip: May 15th thru 20th SE Florida

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Upcoming Trip: May 15th thru 20th SE Florida

Just back from a week in Cozumel. The OC reef diving was...um...boring. The CCR cave diving on the mainland was spectacular.

In a earlier thread I started to lay plans for a visit to SE Florida in May for some CCR diving. I now have all travel/hotel plans finalized and it seems appropriate to try to determine whom is interested in diving, what days and what locations so that boat space can be booked and confirmed.

I have been to SE Florida for CCR diving before but it was a problem getting any boat to confirm they would run a trip since I am a single CCR diver. So this time I am trying to tap into the SCRUB's and RBW network to insure I am not left sitting in the hotel room watching HBO instead of diving.

I am up for anything. Pompano area, Key Largo even a drive up to Cave country. I will be diving a Kiss Classic and to stay within cert limits would allow 165ft depth and 30 min deco. Cave and Wreck penetration are not an issue. For the instructors out there...tagging along on a class dive is also fine.

I have listed my dive days below so if your interested in one or more specific days or locations let me know and I will update the list. I have a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale and a rental car.

John

Thu May 15
    Fri May 16
    Sat May 17
    Sun May 18
    Mon May 19
    Tue May 20

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: Upcoming Trip: May 15th thru 20th SE Florida

I fly back from Bonaire Sunday morning..., I could be up for something recreational Sunday afternoon, like a 1pm....

-Tim

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I will be diving a Kiss Classic and to stay within cert limits would allow 165ft depth and 30 min deco.

John

Thu May 15
    Fri May 16
    Sat May 17
    Sun May 18
    Mon May 19
    Tue May 20
    John, not sure if you've dived it before, but if you'd like, perhaps we can put together a trip to the Hydro Atlantic. The bottom is in the low 170's, but you never have to go anywhere near that depth to enjoy an awesome wreck dive.

BTW, if you need it, I might even be able to hook you up with a good deal on some sorb I've got laying around!

Adrian

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    John, not sure if you've dived it before, but if you'd like, perhaps we can put together a trip to the Hydro Atlantic. The bottom is in the low 170's, but you never have to go anywhere near that depth to enjoy an awesome wreck dive.

BTW, if you need it, I might even be able to hook you up with a good deal on some sorb I've got laying around!

Adrian
    Yep, I am up for it. I am also thinking it would be great to go down to KL. Last time I was there I did a CCR dive on the Dwayne with a OC diver. It was only the 2 of us, no current and you could see from one end to the other. I would be nice to do that again and not have to worry about coming up early because the OC guy was running low on air.

You guys in SFL are just so nice. So generous on the sorb offer. Would you also be so kind as to accept a UPS shipment of some RB tanks to hold for my arrival?

John

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Yep, I am up for it. I am also thinking it would be great to go down to KL. Last time I was there I did a CCR dive on the Dwayne with a OC diver. It was only the 2 of us, no current and you could see from one end to the other. I would be nice to do that again and not have to worry about coming up early because the OC guy was running low on air.

You guys in SFL are just so nice. So generous on the sorb offer. Would you also be so kind as to accept a UPS shipment of some Rebreather tanks to hold for my arrival?

John
    Since I've already got your sorb, I'm the logical choice to receive your package - Sending PM.

I like the idea of diving the Hydro, b/c it's local and an awesome wreck. The Keys is always great, but I plan on being down that way the following weekend (Memorial Weekend) on a non-diving getaway, so I'm not sure if I will make it the weekend before, but I'm sure you can find some FL S.C.R.U.B.'s divers to join you.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

I will be out of town when you will be here. Sorry, I won't be able to join in on these dives.

RBW Member MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima, HammerHead, KISS

I'll be around when you are here. I can't go diving each of these days, but I'm definitely in for some dives in this timeframe.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Sat May 17
    Sun May 18

are the 2 days I can commit to.

Pompano or some where in the keys is fine with me.

New Member chrisp is an unknown quantity at this point chrisp's Avatar

If you're diving the Hydro on either Saturday or Sunday I'd love to join in.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

I will be home on the 15th and 20th. I will out between then, but can dive both of those days. Keep me informed, and I'll plan for it.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast