+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scapa Flow CCR Diving

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Re: Scapa Flow CCR Diving

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Brown  View Original Post

Whys that? You smoking it?
    No, I'm planning on being up there for over a month.

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    Don't you mean the James Barrie? Usually get told during the dive brief to avoid the bridge due to the oil inside the it.

Other than that, its a cracking dive:) In amongst all the warships, a trawler sunk in 1969 is one of the best dives in the Orkneys IMO

Dive safe,

Gary
    We have a trip competition to see whose turn it is to have bunker oil washed off their kit as the skipper doesn't let you put your kit down until you have. It's pesky stuff that gets everywhere. There's always one (and yes, once it was me . Didn't get to dive it last year, so it's firmly on the list for this year. A superb wreck, especially as the viz is usually good and you can enjoy looking at the whole wreck on the way up/down.

I actually prefer the smaller wrecks in Scapa than the enormous ones, just because my brain can understand them better. Mix is helping me enjoy the larger wrecks more though....

Only 6.5 months to go now.

Cheers,

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dobson  View Original Post
    No, I'm planning on being up there for over a month.
    I bow to you - I'm very envious.

BTW, I didn't spot anyone selling lime up there in October last year, although I spent a fair amount of time in both the Diving Cellar and Scapa Scuba. It could have been because it was late season. FWIW, I can recommend Scapa Scuba for suit repairs - new wrist seals and a new zip for me last year :-(

We're toying with ordering a tub for direct delivery to the boat this year, as there are going to be at least 6 units on the boat.

Cheers,

RBW Member Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson is on a distinguished road Rob Dobson's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSiswick  View Original Post
    We're toying with ordering a tub for direct delivery to the boat this year, as there are going to be at least 6 units on the boat.

Cheers,
    Which boat and when?

I might be able to take an extra tub up with me (seeing as we're both in Oxford).

JJ-CCR

Which boat and when?

I might be able to take an extra tub up with me (seeing as we're both in Oxford).
    Jean Elaine in October. When are you going up?

Cheers,

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Cheers,
    I'll be on Ian Trumpness' boat, Invincible (the one with the bar on it:)),
    25 October - 2 November, there'll be at least 6 CCR on the boat.
    Not been for two years, so looking forward to it.

Dive safe,

Gary

JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    I'll be on Ian Trumpness' boat, Invincible (the one with the bar on it:)),
    25 October - 2 November, there'll be at least 6 CCR on the boat.
    Not been for two years, so looking forward to it.

Dive safe,

Gary
    Ah, excellent, that's the week we are up there. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers,

Johnny Lambert dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur's Avatar
    Mini meg

Inspiration

Hi guys, I have been 6 times over there (in and outside the flow), and my regular buddy (Jean-Luc on this site) must have been there about twice a year for more than 10 years now. The best skipper at Stromness is for me John Thornton, ccr diver for ages, with all what you may need on the boat. I couldn't recommend enough to go and have a look at the old giants. Johnny

JJ-CCR

MEG (COPIS II)

Cheers,
    Up early June back late July IIRC... So would need somewhere to leave it for 3-4 months....

JJ-CCR

Up early June back late July IIRC... So would need somewhere to leave it for 3-4 months....
    Hi Rob,

Probably best for us to take ours up, just in case it develops legs in the meantime. Many thanks for the offer though.

Enjoy your time up there.

Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast