+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sock puppets

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Sock puppets

Just a quick reminder folks, sock puppets are against the terms of service. Next time we have to ban one, we will also be banning EVERY other account that has used that IP.

I believe its called 'harsh but fair'.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Sock puppets

I give up - what is a "sock puppet"?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

RBW Member Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe's Avatar
    Megaladon

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I give up - what is a "sock puppet"?
    A fictious account name to post under and conceal who you are. Typically it is someone who has an account but wants to make an inflammatory post but doesn't want it done in his name.

Banned AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM's Avatar

Hi

That's probably me - I could not remember my password for this account for ages and also forgot my password for the email account so could not reset it, so I had to create a new rebreather world account to use for messaging.

I've never posted from the other account. If I have something to say, I'll say it, I don't need another account to do so.

But I do need the PMs out of that other account as I'm trying to arrange to look at a rebreather. Please re enable so I can get the PMs then you can delete the account.

Many thanks

AnneMarie

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe  View Original Post
    A fictious account name to post under and conceal who you are. Typically it is someone who has an account but wants to make an inflammatory post but doesn't want it done in his name.
    In terms that I can understand:

"an account for an obvious AS*HOLE that needs to grow a pair"

Sound right?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe's Avatar
    Megaladon

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    In terms that I can understand:

"an account for an obvious AS*HOLE that needs to grow a pair"

Sound right?
    Yup, the term balless rectal aperture comes to mind.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I have a several friends who log onto RBW using my computer. They are all frequent poster on RBW. How do you know they are different people?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

I have long despised the idea people posting without having a real name. If your can take the time and effort to post you can put your real name in your profile and in your signature line.

Sock Puppets ie: folks who need to have an alias and a fictitious name on a webboard like this need to find something else to do.

Cheers

Megaladon

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I have a several friends who log onto Rebreather World using my computer. They are all frequent poster on RBW. How do you know they are different people?
    The only reason to suspect a sock puppet is if they are posting inflammatory stuff. Otherwise no one really cares to scrutinize anyones identity. There is no reason for it.

Also, I believe (not 100% sure) the boards can only ID the ISP it comes from and not the individual computer so if your friends have the same provider they would appear identical to you even on a different computer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast