+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather for Travelling

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Rebreather for Travelling

Is there a mainstream rebreather out there that can match the Sport Kiss for travelability ( goes in overhead locker on plane) but would extend the range past 50m?

Dave

RebreatherWorld Sponsor Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Rebreather for Travelling

Hi Dave,

I take my Meg in the cabin with me. Can, backplate/harness, regs, wing and inflators go in the roller case and the loop and CLs go in a computer case.

You just have to make it look easy when you lift the 24kg roller case up into the overhead lockers

REgards,

Lance

Attachment 8034
    Last edited by Lancer4545; 21st December 2008 at 01:18.
    You can run but you can't hide!

ISC Appointed Megalodon Dealer for East Australia
    ISC Trained Megalodon & Pathfinder Trimix Instructor & Service Technician
    http://www.closedcircuitdivers.com.au
    info@closedcircuitdivers.com.au

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    rEvo Mini w/stand & Gas Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Is there a mainstream rebreather out there that can match the Sport Kiss for travelability ( goes in overhead locker on plane) but would extend the range past 50m?

Dave
    I have been taking my KISS Classic on the plane with me for years now and never had a problem, it fits just fine in the right carry on bag.

The Meg works very easy as carry on also.

And now I have fit my new Mini rEvo into a carry on bag without taking anything apart:).

I would never check my CCR !!!! I have seen to many damaged by TSA or delayed because of how they look. Our rebreathers cannot speak for themselves to TSA when looked at.

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

The best I ever saw was the prototype of a soft kiss (SK).
    soft case, soft scrubber and tanks valves with integrated 1st stages !

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post

Dave
    the whole meg fits in a legal sized carry on bag, i never check it!

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

isnt the rEvo too wide for tsa rules legal carry on?
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Petri Keskitalo P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3's Avatar

Look at the pelagian. 11kgs and packs really small.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentscuba  View Original Post
    ...Our rebreathers cannot speak for themselves to TSA when looked at.
    I have no choice but to check mine... Mk15 won't fit in the overhead... damn!

I do share the fear of the TSAs fear of what they do not know... I leave a copy of documents (cover and first few pages of the CCR1000 manual) in the case and handwritten on the first page is my name, mobile #, flight #, and departure time.

never had a call, never had it lost... since i just wrote this and fly home tomorrow... I better knock on wood...

hoppy

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

I have taken my Prism as carry-on with me on 13 trips overseas. It weighs under 30lbs minus the cylinders and cowling. Never checked it once. The Prism has regularly been past 150M and is very simple to set up and maintain, no dives missed in 400+ hrs of dive travel.

Most CCRs currently available can be broken down to travel as carry-on, so this is not really an issue the way it once was with MKs and Cislunars...

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    rEvo Mini w/stand & Gas Block

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    isnt the rEvo too wide for tsa rules legal carry on?
    TSA does not make the rules for the size of carry on. Each airlines have their own.

I checked alot of the airlines carry one rules and I found out that in most cases you can get away with a bag that is 24X16X8 or 21X16X8 if you take the handle off (which is no problem). You need a case that is 16 in wide to fit the Mini rEvo.

I might be pushing it abit, but I will find out. Unless they actually measure your bag, they propably will not notice the difference (I hope).

Time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast