+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New HH electronics User Manual

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: New HH electronics User Manual

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja  View Original Post
    The link is missing... :)

JH
    do a refresh.. the file is there.. You might have been looking for it while it was uploading..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Doh! Thanks!

JH

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    The IP is not dictated by the electronics, its dictated by the solenoid.. for example the solenoid used by the optima should be run around 90 psi, while snaptite solenoids are perfectly fine at 150psi (max rated working pressure)
    When I did some batt tests on the HH I found they lasted longer if the IP was set to about 7bar.

Is this your experience Joe?

Dave

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave t  View Original Post
    When I did some batt tests on the HH I found they lasted longer if the IP was set to about 7bar.

Is this your experience Joe?

Dave
    The lower the IP the easier it is on the solenoid, and yes the duration is longer but how much depends on the batteries. Alkaline batteries are affeced much more than Lithium cells..

The SP control on ascents is much better with a higher IP.. With an IP of 7bar bar the flow through the solenoid is lower and the error from desired sp is greater on ascent.. it takes a little longer to catch up, or some manual additions..

I have 3 "easy" weeks of diving on my current set of lithium batteries about 40 hours of diving (the ip is ~10bar)... I have the battery alarm set at 3.0v and It gets triggered occasionally, but then restores to 3.1-3.2v

On my rig that I have set up to take a standard lid or the HH I leave the IP at 7bar and deal with having to add some o2 now and then on ascent..

WHen the battery is right on the edge the lower IP may allow control a little longer..

I tested the current draw a long time ago.. If I remember correctly its was about 15% greater at 150 psi vs 100 psi.. but then again I have seen different solenoids vary as well..
    Last edited by jradomski; 12th February 2008 at 10:48.
    Joe Radomski

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Lang may yer lum reek! smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey has a spectacular aura about smokey's Avatar
    Hammerd-Insp, MkII.

Hi got through the manual great ;) well layed out, but not much on the use of the new secondry deco feature,

Having upgraded and only had one dive in 4'cel water temp, didnt have much time to play with secondry display new deco can be switched during the dive ? yes.

I have the secondry in "CLASSIC" mode.

With "DECO MODE" on do I have to use "DISPLAY OPTIONS" to view deco info eg, Select "CLASSIC" confirm "YES" then use "DECO ON".

I think this was described as the "Life Boat" by Kevin.

I dont wish to view deco on secondry all the time just set to "CLASSIC" for quick PP O2 readings. May be a primary failure example could go through actions to display deco on secondry.

Have tryed "TEST STACK" it resets to 1 min but not getting warnings, ???

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey  View Original Post
    The Stack Test does not work out of water. You set it, dive for a minute, get your teeth and brains rattled with the DIVA vibrates , and then set it for use for diving after. It's a real wake up call!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey  View Original Post
    Hi got through the manual great ;) well layed out, but not much on the use of the new secondry deco feature,

Having upgraded and only had one dive in 4'cel water temp, didnt have much time to play with secondry display new deco can be switched during the dive ? yes.

I have the secondry in "CLASSIC" mode.

With "DECO MODE" on do I have to use "DISPLAY OPTIONS" to view deco info eg, Select "CLASSIC" confirm "YES" then use "DECO ON".

I think this was described as the "Life Boat" by Kevin.

I dont wish to view deco on secondry all the time just set to "CLASSIC" for quick PP O2 readings. May be a primary failure example could go through actions to display deco on secondry.

There are certain things that have not been confirmed yet by Kevin so I have not added them.. I am uncertain if when the deco mode is off if anything is tracked..

I run it with decopress mode on on but with the deco DISPLAY disabled..

I have been meaning to try a dive with deco off then once I show deco on the primary turn it on and see if it was tracked, but I keep forgetting to try that..
    Last edited by jradomski; 12th February 2008 at 22:01.
    Joe Radomski

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    The Stack Test does not work out of water. You set it, dive for a minute, get your teeth and brains rattled with the DIVA vibrates , and then set it for use for diving after. It's a real wake up call!

good point... next update..
    Joe Radomski

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

You might also think about adding a little more information on the battery indicator, i.e., settings for various batteries, normal scrolling, warnings, etc. Did I miss this someplace? :o

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    You might also think about adding a little more information on the battery indicator, i.e., settings for various batteries, normal scrolling, warnings, etc. Did I miss this someplace? :o

Right now I need is feedback from users and what has worked for them and I can take it from there.. SO far for lithiums I see that 3.0v is fine even with backlight and solenoid at the same time there will be a short warning but no issues.. I am going to push it out as far as I can with my current batteries in dive situations so that I can see what a logical point is..

I do have to add the the voltage display swaps with other indicators.. Its been on the list for the next update..

I have been trying to write several manuals and coarse procedures and the state the the electronics manual was in I felt was worth releasing as is.. I made a ciouple of quick edits because of feedback..

Keep the comments comming I will take verything into consideration..
    Last edited by jradomski; 13th February 2008 at 13:40.
    Joe Radomski

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast