+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 minutes thought for my dad.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

2 minutes thought for my dad.

Hi All, (its still working)

its hopefully a familiar title for those of you that know me from YD, but thought i should update eveyone on here too.

basically my dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor in may last year, and being into Reiki i belive that positve thought is a great healer for all involved. full thread/opening post can be found here 2 Minutes of positive thought for my Dad. - YD Dive Forums & Scuba Community

All I ask from those that want to, it does not matter how you do it , as small prayer to whatever god or energy you believe in, a moment to read this post and say under your breath ‘Terry Wells you will beat this”, something somewhere will take that positive action and put it good use.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

Re: 2 minutes thought for my dad.

Hi All (itís still working)

Time for an update,

Dad had his latest scan at the beginning of the year and Mum planned a week break to Italy for just after the results were due to give them some thinking time once they had the results.

Well the results came in and itís growing back, moving about but still not as big as it originally was, so sort of good news.
    Second bit of good news is that the docís have offered another round of chemo, which suggests they have not given up (which is just as well as there would have been a big old ruck if they had tried to give up on him)

The week away was possibly a bit much for dad, going here going there, being pushed around in his chair, which is not one of his favourite ways to travel. But they got back safe and sound and headed to the hospital to start his next round of treatment.

So a week with mum and dad away, followed by the first week of the treatment where we find out that if he gets a serious infection he will have to be taken into hospital. All looked ok until the end of the week when he gets a lung infection, set of blood works at the local docís, and antibiotics, but thankfully no trip to the hospital.

Email today from mum saying dadís infection is getting better but he can hardly walk (something to do with the steroids) but the second stage of the chemo.

I think Iíve been coping quiet well with all this, until tonight when I break up with my girlfriend (because Iím a twat) , who I then spend ages talking to realise Iíve been treating her like shit, not telling her how Iím bottling it all up and donít know which way to turn. Anyway we are still together and I now feel like a complete idiot.

As to how my mum and dad are coping? I really donít know, so am going to head up this weekend to see them. And Iíve not been brave enough to speak to my brother about this since Christmas, but thatís another story.

Thanks for listening to another of my ramblings and as always a little round of ĎWells family, you will get through thisí is always welcome.

Steve
    p.s. Just thought maybe I should send a link to this to those closest to me, as apparently Iím crap at talking about things!

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

my thoughts a prayers for him.

/Jonny

RBW Member GCKORAKIS is an unknown quantity at this point GCKORAKIS's Avatar
    Meg

Lots of power and all the best.:)

RBW Member Yevgeniy is an unknown quantity at this point Yevgeniy's Avatar

I prey for the best outcome for your dad.

Heather Knowles NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver's Avatar
    Prism 2, Prism Topaz

Hello there -
    There are some good resources out there for patients and caregivers. I am sure there's something in the UK, but check out Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure also. This is a US based brain tumor research/advocacy group, and there's some good info and links there. I have worked on glioma clinical trials (I am in pharma) and I know how tough it is both on patients and caregivers. Good luck and stay strong!

Cheers
    Heather Knowles

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

You have my best wishes and prayers as well. Good luck with everything and hang in there.

Regards,
    Randy

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

without knowing you, i am proud for you. well done, and i am sure you father will always be proud of the courage that you have shown. May all the powers of all kind of relegions be with you and your family.

you have my prayers too. well done...

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Well your brave enough to talk about it on here so its a good start right!
    you have my respect, and your father has my respect for being a fighter

good luck mate

Dave

RBW Member Downtime is an unknown quantity at this point Downtime's Avatar
    OptimaFX

Poseidon MkVI

My hats off to you for trying everything you can. My prayers and best wishes go to you and your Dad.

Cheers,
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast