+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threads updated by others don't show up after I post

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Threads updated by others don't show up after I post

There's a strange bug, and I dunno if others experience it.

It seems that if there's a thread I contribute/respond to, I'm unable to get any further evolution of the thread on my PC. I get email notification of a thread update, but when I click to get to it, the last post is my own. This so far lasts for days.

Seems to happen on every thread I write into.

Am I being sanctioned for something?

G

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Threads updated by others don't show up after I post

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Stephane;

I know you replied (via email notice), but I can't include/quote your reply.

I also observe that if I log out, and can get the thread evolution, but can't reply further becuz I'm not logged in.

The forum is becoming too complicated. No longer works very good (like it used to).

Edit: Now I see your reply after posting this message.

untitled tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles  View Original Post
    Stephane;

I know you replied (via email notice), but I can't include/quote your reply.

I also observe that if I log out, and can get the thread evolution, but can't reply further becuz I'm not logged in.

The forum is becoming too complicated. No longer works very good (like it used to).

Edit: Now I see your reply after posting this message.
    This happens to me too on my home computer but not on my work computer. It may be related to the version of the browser. I have found that if I delete the internet temporary files and refresh the screen the new posts show up.
    Tibby

Hey thanks Tibby, be greened.

I found a browser setting "check for newer version of webpage..." and that seems to have fixed it.

Too many friggin settings that get changed by the anti-virus. This in addition to crap ISP performance.
    Last edited by Gilles; 17th January 2008 at 13:51.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Try (instead of "New Posts") "Today's Posts" or "All New Posts" which usually works. I agree, it's a complete PITA that you can't see the thread you just replied to.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

You should be getting back to your post once you posted it.
    You can always leave the window open and use the refresh button. ;)

Also, the 10 most recent posts are listed on the front page,
    including your own. :D

They only don't show under "new posts" because you just made it,
    thus it isn't new to you. The next person posts in the thread, it comes
    back up as a new post until you read it or mark it read.

Fairly simple actually.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 19th January 2008 at 15:57. Reason: deleted pic

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

That's not the problem Stephan!

I'm getting this problem too - at least from PCs at work, even when there have been several more posts to a thread they don't appear when I click on the thread, and nor does my last post. Eg if my post was the 3rd and the thread now shows as having 5 posts, I only see the 1st 2, and there's some "pear error" message at the top too

+ Reply to Thread