+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tam Sar Yuan Thong cave,Thailand

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Tam Sar Yuan Thong cave,Thailand

Hi All

Has anyone any information on a cave located in Southern Thailand called (TAM SAR YUAN THONG )as I have been given directions & co-ordinates and information on the site by a member of the CDG who has just returned but only managed a shallow push due to logistics, he informs me it has a large entrance located at the pools edge but says it get much more interesting if you take a 50ft 1.5m dry passage that leads to a crystal clear pool which is were he dived this visit but to only 17m apparently it is crystal water and apeers to run much further and deeper, he also comented that it has amain line with CDAT markings on.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Also any information on the caves located at Tam Phet would be nice.

merry Christmas to all

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar

Re: Tam Sar Yuan Thong cave,Thailand

Calling Drmike :D

I feel another trip coming on, I just got details of the Tham Phet cave (Diomond cave) and its reported as the longest cave in Thailand at 7km,

part of the description

"a few hundreds metres inside the Cave tunnel and the floor suddenly drops out into a large pool wich plunges to a seemingly bottomless depth"

Ummm Bottomless, like the sound of that.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/attac...1&d=1198652899
    Last edited by tecdivertraining; 29th December 2008 at 23:52.

Rather be Diving eanxdiver is on a distinguished road eanxdiver is on a distinguished road eanxdiver's Avatar
    rEvo

Classic KISS

Thong Cave...Hmmmm... I like the sound of that

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Matt
    I went to google and there is all sorts of info on the Tham Pet cave plus even a GPS. It is about 3 km from some market Ao Lok or something like that. I was told by one of Matt L. guys that there is a cave down there that is 3 km long and less then 40 meters depth. Have not found it yet myself but still trying. Would be great to find some more training caves. I was talking to a guy in Bangkok about a cave 2 km long that he has dove but would not give up the location. This guy Joon has mapped the Song Hong but was not interested in helping out. I even offered him all the GPS heading of the caves I have up north and he still would not budge. I will be back up north in about 5 days teaching a cavern/ cave course and will hopefully find some more new spots. All fresh water caves with lots of large cat fish and blind fish. One cave has a big table in it where they used to put the Buddha images on before the dams were built.

andibk

New Member Brett B Hemphill will become famous soon enough Brett B Hemphill will become famous soon enough Brett B Hemphill will become famous soon enough Brett B Hemphill will become famous soon enough Brett B Hemphill's Avatar

I have always wanted to explore caves in this part of ASIA.
    It would be great to have some type of sponsor or group in ASIA to back the further study and exploration of the thousands and thousands of under water caves across China and so on .

TY
    Happy New Year
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    Matt
    I went to google and there is all sorts of info on the Tham Pet cave plus even a GPS. It is about 3 km from some market Ao Lok or something like that. I was told by one of Matt L. guys that there is a cave down there that is 3 km long and less then 40 meters depth. Have not found it yet myself but still trying. Would be great to find some more training caves. I was talking to a guy in Bangkok about a cave 2 km long that he has dove but would not give up the location. This guy Joon has mapped the Song Hong but was not interested in helping out. I even offered him all the GPS heading of the caves I have up north and he still would not budge. I will be back up north in about 5 days teaching a cavern/ cave course and will hopefully find some more new spots. All fresh water caves with lots of large cat fish and blind fish. One cave has a big table in it where they used to put the Buddha images on before the dams were built.

andibk
    Hi Bruce

I have now got further information on both locations and will be visiting them with Ben early feb after the crazy season finishes, they both sound good dives and the report from the Tam Sar cave sound really interesting. This Guy took CV but had not found this new entrance then. We also have a group coming out from the CDG in January to dive the northern caves on an expedition, we will be supporting with logistics if all goes ahead.

I have both the google points and the ones from Alex and he informs me theirs quite a difference if your looking for the flooded caves and not the dry ones, But should be fun searching anyhow

Take it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Brett B Hemphill  View Original Post
    I have always wanted to explore caves in this part of ASIA.
    It would be great to have some type of sponsor or group in ASIA to back the further study and exploration of the thousands and thousands of under water caves across China and so on .

TY
    Happy New Year
    Brett
    Hi Brett your not the only one, and I totally agree we should get all the guys together and produce some good information for those looking to cave dive here in Thailand. The big problem is getting everyone to work together and to maintain the systems as they are clearly local water source to the surrounding villages and if we just freely post the wear abouts and such these fragile systems could be at risk.

A well run society would be nice though.

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Hi all

I asked already from Adam K at phuket, but if somebody is around in April, i would like to check some Thai caves and video them. Also if you have need help in some projects i can come for earlier, i am at Oz now and going throw Singapore when going back to Europe in April.

Regards

Teppo

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    Calling Drmike :D

I feel another trip coming on, I just got details of the Tham Phet cave (Diomond cave) and its reported as the longest cave in Thailand at 7km,

part of the description

"a few hundreds metres inside the Cave tunnel and the floor suddenly drops out into a large pool wich plunges to a seemingly bottomless depth"

Ummm Bottomless, like the sound of that.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/attac...1&d=1198652899
    sorry for late reply - been caving/cave diving in uk and Oz over xmas and new year

Lot of fun:- Drmike's photos- powered by SmugMug

sounds interesting. Dont think its the longest cave in thailand though,

Tham Phra Wang Daeng as far as I know is the longest at over13km long.

In my refferances all I have on Tham Phet is a few years old :

Tham Phet

This cave is signed to the east of the H4 just to the south of Ao Luk.
    There is a large shrine in an alcove, but the main cave is to the right and is accessed by a smaller entrance. A guide with electric lamps was available for hire at the cave. A dry stream passage, 5m wide and 5m high, with a mud floor and some formations was followed for about 250m to a junction. The passage to the right was said to "go to water", but was not explored. The passage to the left was dry and had a bit of stoping to reach the closed down end after 150m.

I guess your contact had a look at the 'water' side

Dont yah just love it when most dry cavers stop when they get to water :D:D

How about last week in JAN???? Im free then. may have a play in song hong then too

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    Matt

andibk

Bruce, dont know what refferances you have but heres a list that may be usefull to your search.

"Caves of Northern Thailand" by Pindar Sidisunthorn, Simon Gardner & Dean Smart

River Books, Bangkok, Thailand 393pp
    ISBN 9749863135 (English version)
    ISBN 9749863348 (Thai version)

"The caves of Thailand" by John R. Dunkley, 1995, 124 pages;

"Thailand caves catalogue" by John R. Dunkley, 1994, 44 pages;

"Caves of North-West Thailand" by John R. Dunkley and John B. Brush (eds.), 1986, 62 pages

(above three books are available from the Helictite Commission of Australian Speleological Federation Inc. Orignally published by Speleological Research Council)

Shepton Mallet caving club, UK are quite active in Thailand and may be of use.