+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

RBW Member Buccaneer is an unknown quantity at this point Buccaneer's Avatar
    Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Re: FreePlanner Beta for Mac Released Today

Quote Originally Posted by vidodivr  View Original Post
    think you might do an iPhone web app?

nice work
    Thank you. A new beta release will be out either tonight or tomorrow and has table generation functionality in addition to more cleanup.

There have been a lot of people testing and using the internet for this is really a huge benefit. I want to personally thank Al Gore.

In regards to iPhone, yes, either a web app or use the new SDK. I have an iPhone myself and would love to see FreePlanner on it - now if I could just get a pressure sensor interfaced to it and a waterproof container, I'd be all set...

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer  View Original Post
    Thank you. A new beta release will be out either tonight or tomorrow and has table generation functionality in addition to more cleanup.

There have been a lot of people testing and using the internet for this is really a huge benefit. I want to personally thank Al Gore.

In regards to iPhone, yes, either a web app or use the new SDK. I have an iPhone myself and would love to see FreePlanner on it - now if I could just get a pressure sensor interfaced to it and a waterproof container, I'd be all set...
    Let us know when you have the iPhone version.... That just may be the one thing that pushes me over the edge to get one.

Richie

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

FreePlanner Beta Updated

There are new releases of FreePlanner at www.freeplanner.org.

I have fixed most of the reported issues.

There is some basic functionality differences. There is a new Multi-Level checkbox on the main window. When this checkbox is clicked, each click of the dive button creates an additional segment from the depth and time fields. When the Multi-Level checkbox is not checked, clicking the dive button replaces the active dive with a square profile based upon what's in the depth and time fields.

Using the new feature allows the quick creation of dives for comparison purposes - this was the number one requested feature.

Metric/Imperial has been cleaned up.

A couple of issues:

FreePlanner does not support OS X version 10.5 or Windows Vista. A lot of people have had issues with those two platforms. Save yourself some frustration if you're running those platforms and want FreePlanner - I will support those platforms later but not right now. Less than 5% of the total hits on the FreePlanner website were either 10.5 or Vista. Most of the operating systems were 10.4 and XP, split about 50/50.

Also, the Windows install sometimes does not create the menu entry correctly so that when FreePlanner is run, it doesn't generate decompression schedules. There are instructions on www.freeplanner.org on how to fix this.

One last caveat - make sure that FreePlanner is installed in the correct directory - installation into the wrong directory will prevent FreePlanner from operating correctly.

There is a user manual in the works and table generation in addition to bug fixes will be included in the next release.

Here are the current requested features:

Range based deco gas selection - input own mods
    Add Gradient Factor
    Consolidate Gas Management
    Blending Window
    Contingency Planning - longer, deeper, no deco
    Rock Bottom Calculation
    Remember window position
    surface interval input in days, hours and minutes
    Custom deco algorithms
    Clean up multiple dive report
    Travel Gas
    Ability to toggle series on and off on the charts

These features will be added ASAP.

I want to say thank you to everyone who's helped out with the testing so far. I couldn't have gotten this much done alone so quickly and it has been a real pleasure so far working with everyone.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I'd love to see the Equivalent Narcotic Depth for the gases I chose (Back).

Also, in this new release it seems the deco graph is odd with no stop, just slope changes.

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    I'd love to see the Equivalent Narcotic Depth for the gases I chose (Back).

Also, in this new release it seems the deco graph is odd with no stop, just slope changes.
    I have added that to the list - thank you for the feedback.

I currently don't include the ascent to the next level in the graph. So the effect you see is from end of last stop to end of next stop. I could make it an option to include the ascents in the graph and not in the table if people thought that would be worthwhile - you would then see an ascent to a stop, and then a straight line at the stop for the remainder of the stop.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

FYI.... I haven't had any issues in 10.5 with the latest version.

G-5 Dual 2 gig.

Richie

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer  View Original Post
    - now if I could just get a pressure sensor interfaced to it and a waterproof container, I'd be all set...
    It's called the X1 - pop over to Liquivision X1 Home. I think RossH has beaten you to it with VPM-B, but you never know... :)

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Linux, linux, linux ...

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post
    It's called the X1 - pop over to Liquivision X1 Home. I think RossH has beaten you to it with VPM-B, but you never know... :)
    Maybe if there are enough FreePlanner users, Eric will open up the development environment. The next deco model that FreePlanner will support is Gradient Factor. Might be nice to have GF on the X1.

Meg COPIS

sadly, none

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Linux, linux, linux ...
    We haven't tested the Linux version yet, but if you would like to test it yourself, send me an email address and I will send you the Linux build.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast