+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warm Greetings!

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Warm Greetings

Hey All

Just thought I'd intrduce myself. Name's Seb and I work at Divetech in Grand Cayman

Come dive the deep stuff with us.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Hey Seb!!

Nice to see you I might well do that this summer when I work out whats going on..

Your on my short list, along with maybe Hawaii but definatly Ca and Vegas - so much to do so little time to do it in - well 3 weeks any ways

Nice to have you with us....

Stuart

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Hey Seb,

Glad to have you on board. This is Rob Davie. How's everyone at DiveTech. All recovered from the storm?

R

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Post Ivan

Hey Rob

Divetech and Coablt Coast are 100% operational.

As for the the rest of the island The restoration is moving fast but we're about 2 years away from complete recovery.

The Diving is great as usual. Just did a 150 ft out at Turtle Reef it was great, except for having to be on OC, while my Meg electronics are being serviced(brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).

The tanks you left us have been put to very good use so far this year, thank you.

Will we be seeing you this year?

Cheers

Seb

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

Hi and welcome,

What are you guys diving mostly reefs ? Any good deep wrecks? Might have to come down and take a look see. .

Helium_diver

RBW Member DoubleTop is an unknown quantity at this point DoubleTop's Avatar
    Welcome to RBW Seb - 150ft hey :p I get scared of heights, wonder if that would happen IF I ever actually got deep in the water.

RBW general spammer and techie helper - but never got wet in a diving sense yet !!!!!

A real worldwide community coming together on RBW :D

DT.

Decodiver
    Hi Seb

Welcome aboard from another Meg user :D

cheers

Dave

Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Cayman Diving

Hey All

We're incredibly lucky here to have a 2KM dropoff just 10mins swim from shore.

The top of the reef wall starts at about 18m/60ft then slopes down to 60m/200ft at about a 70 degree angle before becoming completely vertical down to infinity and beyond.

The reefs are gorgeous between 40m/130ft and the surface, and between 60m/200ft and 120m/200ft we have the sponge belt around the whole island. The wall is shear and is bathed is a very gentle current so there are huge sponges of every colour just dripping off the wall.

If you like mind boggling, imagination defying topography that's just impossible for your brain to resolve, coupled with gorgeous sponges and colours then this is the place for you.

Did I mention it's warm 76 F/ 24 C in winter to 85F / 30C in Summer.

Makes long decos much more pleasent and your swimming along the reef the whole time so your not bored.

Viz is usually between 18m/60ft and 30m/100ft. Little current if any.

We're always saying it's too easy for tech diving, but we never seem to get any complaints about that.

We have a few shallow wrecks in the 18m/60ft range, but we have one Tech wreck called the Carrie lee or 'Scary' lee. She sits on a 45 degree incline with her bows pointing at the drop off. She's between 54m/180ft and 72m/240ft, with the wall accessible any where below that.

Over the next 5 eyars the shipwreck city project is intending to sink 5 ships in the cayman islands.

We lost the bid on the HMS Scylla, but now have two USN warships that have been donated to us from the Virginia 'Moth Ball' fleet. The first, the USN Kitty Wake is a submarine tender ship with 2 working Chambers on board. We're having to find an alternate location to the original planned, but after that the project should move forward.

If you want any more info checkout www.divetech.com

Cheers

Seb

Deep Smeg

Megalodon

B-Right-On

Hey Deco Diver

I lived up by 7-dials for 3 years when I was at Sussex university.

Has the town changed much since '98?

I miss the place.

Shopping in the North Laine, the Fortune of War, Big Beat Boutique at the Concorde, the Sub Cafe etc.

Do you know a little pub near the station called the Tap & Spile?

A cool place.

I should go back and visit some friends I still have there.

We'll have to hook up for a dive if I do.

Cheers

Seb

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagian
    Hey Deco Diver

I lived up by 7-dials for 3 years when I was at Sussex university.

Has the town changed much since '98?

I miss the place.

Shopping in the North Laine, the Fortune of War, Big Beat Boutique at the Concorde, the Sub Cafe etc.

Do you know a little pub near the station called the Tap & Spile?

A cool place.

I should go back and visit some friends I still have there.

We'll have to hook up for a dive if I do.

Cheers

Seb
    Hi Seb,

Don't know the Tap & Spile but the town is relatively unchanged, just a new shopping centre at Churchill Square....

No probs for a dive if you get yerself over here....

Cheers

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast