+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: St Sauveur Habitat stolen : (((

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar

St Sauveur Habitat stolen : (((

Our habitat left in July under the ceiling at -12m from Saint Sauveur have been stolen the last few weeks.

Photos are on
    www.snoopyloop.com -> Saint Sauveur -> exped 2005

It's bulky and heavy underwater it would need minimum two divers, it won't fit in a car, a van or a trailer minimum would be needed.

Any informations, help on that subject would be welcome

Regards

Jerome@snoopyloop.com

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Sorry to hear that, Jerome. Hope you get it back in good shape.
    And the thieves what they deserve.
    Good luck.

New Member P6017 is on a distinguished road P6017 is on a distinguished road P6017's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJM
    Our habitat left in July under the ceiling at -12m from Saint Sauveur have been stolen the last few weeks.

Photos are on
    www.snoopyloop.com -> Saint Sauveur -> exped 2005

It's bulky and heavy underwater it would need minimum two divers, it won't fit in a car, a van or a trailer minimum would be needed.

Any informations, help on that subject would be welcome

Regards

Jerome@snoopyloop.com
    STICKY FINGERED SLUG BASTARDS, I HOPE YOU GET IT BACK INTACT.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

To make it a bit easier, here a picture of the stolen habitat from www.snoopyloop.com
    Attached Images

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

While we are waiting for the habitat to come back Jerome, can you tell us a little about the DDD CCR? I looked at the website but it is all in French mon ami! It looks like a compact unit that would be well suited to side mounting. What have you guys used it for, is it commercially available, how much does it cost??

DeepDevilDiver Mistral Gagnant is an unknown quantity at this point Mistral Gagnant's Avatar
    TRITON

DDD

HI Harris, I'm a DeepDevildivers members, and we made this rebreather for us. We made 9 units to have a lower cost, so we don't sale it. But we have one or 2 unit again in "stock"... (sorry for my bad english...but you know the frenchies "my friend"...;))

Depend of your need, because, we modified it, with 2 bags...and other small things...
    Dr JM can realy speak about it in use, and I can try to explain you technical.

The Dimensions are near of a 12L bottle. You can put 3Kg of Lime. All connectic are Dragger parts.

You can contact me on mail : bertrand@deepdevildivers.com for more details. I'll try to answer you in english.

Bebert.

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

I have emailed thanks Bebert. Would love to hear from Jerome about the unit in the water.

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the picture of the habitat.

About the DDD:

Good points is that there is no glue every parts can be removed, cleaned, re greased. I do prefer the two bag options because having an exhale bag with an OPV help in case of water/saliva/humidity so easy to flush by overpressurazing the loop in the good position. ADV accessible manually so you can do a manual flush if PPO2 too high. O2 input before scrubber so good mix. O2 cells at the end of the loop so analysing a good mixed gas.

I'm using it as a BOB and after a lot of modifications in collaborations with the DDD guys I'm quite happy. Regading O2 you can put everything from a Kiss valvle to a metering valve ... Regarding electronic there is none it's a manual CCR, so 1 or 2 or 3 cells as you feel it

It's robust, mainly when I drag it on the floor between sumps

Rgds

Jerome

RBW Member esc is an unknown quantity at this point esc's Avatar
    Hmm...

This is first time I see that kinda "habitat" and I suppose they are not really used much except for long exploration kinda things. Now as a person not knowing anything about it if I saw one unattended and without markings I would think:

"Ok who was the smartass that blocked half the cave tunnel with trash" and while I am too lazy to go as far as clean it off there, thought would come to my mind :P

That thing, while no doubt doing what it is meant to do, does look like trash. Sorry :)

So, while some might have cleaned it off to use for some purpose and know what it was, there just might be someone who thought he would make a favor for people removing it from underwater.

/esc

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esc
    ...there just might be someone who thought he would make a favor for people removing it from underwater...
    IMHO, outside of courses, a cave diver capable of diving St. Sauveur would be "smart" enough to know what it is used for.

Also, cave community is very small so most people would have known about DrJM expedition already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast