+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rouse Memorial Plaque Missing

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Rouse Memorial Plaque Missing

At the Rebreather World Party last night Evie found me and said with tears in her eyes " they took the plaque........ you have to get it back"

On October 29th Evie Dudas was diving Devil's Ear as she has many times over the past 15 years to visit the memorial plaque where thier ashes were strewn she found it missing .... all that was left were some knee prints. Evie's heart is broken and i'm sure Sue's is as well.

So here's the deal folks.

The Rouse Memorial plaque was placed in the Devil's Ear / Devil's Eye System just past the "hinkle" fifteen years ago. Thier ashes were strewn there as well. For all intent and purposes this was a grave site. This memorial should never have been touched. All we want is it returned.

It can be returned in one of two ways without repercussion of the deliverer.

1. Return it to the original place within 2 weeks of this posting.
    2. If it cannot be replaced put it in a box without a return address and ship it to:

Joel Silverstein
    2959 Kiowa Blvd N.
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404

I will then get it to the right people to replace it. Heck I will even go earn a cave cert myself and put it back in there with Evie.

If you know who took it you don't need to rat them out -- just get it back. If you were the one who took it know that you will be forgiven and just return it.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Joel Silverstein

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Re: Rouse Memorial Plaque Missing

Joel, this is shocking news,
    what sort of ****** must you be to do some thing like this,
    i so hope it gets put back in the place it was meant for,
    I'm not so forgiving as you or evie and if i find out who it is i will make it public...so every one can see what a ***** they are.
    kindest regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

While I believe that it is paramount to recover and return the plaque and thus appreciate Joel's effort and forgiveness ... John, you speak my language.

RBW Member Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino is just really nice Frankie Pellegrino's Avatar

WOW!!
    That's a bit ****ed up!
    I just dove the wreck that those guys died on. I all ways seem to think of the guys that died on that wreck on the long boat ride back. I didn't know them personally.I'm very sorry for there family and friends...and I hope you get it back. good luck.
    Frankie

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

You need to get moving on this while it is still newsworthy. You need to spoonfeed the major news networks with the story and the contact details of people they need to talk to. Last Dive and Shadow Divers were both best sellers. Any one of the millions of people who have dived can relate to it. Nationwide news coverage would put peer pressure on the scumbags who did this and increase the chances that someone who knows who's responsible will rat on them. What a vile piece of desecration.

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

I've moved this thread to the RBW Announcements forum, so it will display on the front page.

Good luck getting it back.

Cheers, Dave
    RBW Mod

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar

People stealing memorial plates, cave divers sabotage gear of others. Where is this world heading to??

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90  View Original Post
    Joel, this is shocking news,
    what sort of ****** must you be to do some thing like this,
    i so hope it gets put back in the place it was meant for,
    I'm not so forgiving as you or evie and if i find out who it is i will make it public...so every one can see what a ***** they are.
    kindest regards john routley

Immunity and absolution may help here. The goal is to get it back and re-placed. I'm far from forgiving but we do need to get it back.

Cheers

JDS

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

In a previous trip report I mentioned that a plaque that was welded onto the side of the box at Stoney had gone missing.

Can the idiots that stole these items really show them to anyone? Lets face it, it would be like stealing the Mona Lisa.

In the UK several hundred brass plaques at a crematorium were stolen, most likely for the scrap value.

It's when I hear about things like this I wouldn't mind not being an atheist so I could hope these scum burned in the firey pits of hell for a very long time indeed.

While I'm with John [Narked] on the 'kneecap the bastards' front, it is more important to get the plaque back.

Then kneecap the bastards.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

hey guys,

i am very far from where you guys are, and i am really gutted from what i read here. though i do agree with the guys who really went mad and expressed a few words ( i am along those lines as well), i do understand how important it is to get the plate back.

i dont know if it can be found, as the people who do such things, are the guys who find a scuba tank underwater with tied in a rope or inside a cave or wreck with a big sign " please dont move - Divers rely on this air" and without hesitation grab the tank and run away feeling lucky they found a free tank with a regulator on.

what i want to get at is that these guys are so filthy, that they wouldn't give a damn about what this plague meant to some people...

Therefore, i suggest, make a bank account, give the details openly and lets all contribute the slightest amount. i dont know how much the plague costs, but i guess this would make stronger the feeling that "we care and look out for each other".

i guess the family would feel proud that the community stood by them. i think that even the souls of the people missing would prefer this if they had a choice. (this is getting deep here, but i hope you get my point.)

so, Joel, you have my backing. just let me know and i will put some money in a bank account. i think if we all, or most of us contribute, then we can get a nice plague back to restore the situation.

hope i don't get missundestood here.

Thanks

Spyros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast