Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

Re: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic  View Original Post
    Exactly. That's why we have two of them on the way. ;)

Brian
    Hmmm... Lots of those flying out Jakub's door. ;)

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike  View Original Post
    No it won't - the loop is at ambient pressure remember - it's not like a dive light etc where the cannister is at 1 ata.

Mike
    Just repeating what he told me. I find my head much harder to remove after a dive.

RBW Member Philip Greenwood is an unknown quantity at this point Philip Greenwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    That's funny, Brian. Now get in the back of the line for the APECS 3.0... :)

Why would anyone want to get the radial scrubber from ISC when the Golem is readily available, and is nicer than most radial scrubber with their compression lid ? And already been tested in the field...

Same for wing, there are even more choices from Oxycheq, Golem, Dive-Rite, Halcyon, etc. ? It is so damn easy to get a wing that is not longer than the can...
    Yes...Yes..and...yes. A wing..Yikes

Come.On.. ISC lets get on it!! The wheel (wing) has already been invented.

Phil

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Finding a wing that isn't longer than the can is a problem for the Movie/Cave can. The other problem is placement of the center of lift. Most wings designed for OC use place the lift to high. Also, the placement of the dump tends to be too far inboard. The Halcyon CCR35 is a purpose built CCR wing and moves the center of lift down. I talked to several of the listed wing manufacturers at DEMA, and none of them have a wing designed specifically for this purpose. They are just OC wings utilized for CCR. Halcyon and ISC are the only two, with the exception of the Optima being built to utilize a DR wing, that are purpose designed. The advantage I see in the ISC wing is the fact that it is still a donut, so they were able to move lift down to the base of the unit without having to flare out the wings too much like the Halcyon. The other big advantage is that it has a built-in butt mount for side-mounting or lift bag storage.

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    I talked to several of the listed wing manufacturers at DEMA, and none of them have a wing designed specifically for this purpose. They are just OC wings utilized for CCR. Halcyon and ISC are the only two,
    Your list is incomplete. Look here http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=14902

This wing is specifically design for CCR use, I would not recommend it for OC use.

This wing is a Horseshoe design and as such there is no bladder present in the lower center of the wing, and therefore damage from trapping under a short canister is unlikely.

A common misconception regarding "donut" wings is that they provide lift at the bottom of the wing. This true only if this portion of the wing has gas in it. The lower arc in a donut wing is often the lowest point of the wing and is the last to fill.

Tobin

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Finding a wing that isn't longer than the can is a problem for the Movie/Cave can.
    That might be true, but I don't know how shorter the Movie can to the Full can, I can't say. However, the Dive-Rite wing (for example) is several inches shorter (off the ground) when mounted to the Full can.

The other problem is placement of the center of lift. Most wings designed for OC use place the lift to high. Also, the placement of the dump tends to be too far inboard.
    I have only ever bought 1 wing made for CCR in 10 years, and that was the POS wing Halcyon made for the MK-15 with 2 large holes on the side for accessing the MAV. IIRC, I dived it once and got rid of it.

If your (not you, but in general term) trim is off, don't blame the wing and look at the configuration to adjust your trim weight better.

Wing with larger portion at the bottom will only help your trim by adding more lift there IF you are overweighted at the bottom and have a lot of gas in the wing... :) Even with 2-3 stages on a typical mix dives, my wing is barely 1/4 full.

However, I agree that the elbow in the middle of the back of the wing was designed for twinset, and could get in the way. I actually wish there is a wing where the elbow is at the top-top panel of the wing, and not the front or back panel. It could be moved outward, but still interfer with the tanks...

RBW Member Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe's Avatar
    Megaladon

.........Just realized we spent $30 a piece for Meg t-shirts. Pissed about that, but oh well...............
    What about the MEG $8500.00 hat ......

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Finding a wing that isn't longer than the can is a problem for the Movie/Cave can. The other problem is placement of the center of lift. Most wings designed for OC use place the lift to high. Also, the placement of the dump tends to be too far inboard. The Halcyon CCR35 is a purpose built CCR wing and moves the center of lift down. I talked to several of the listed wing manufacturers at DEMA, and none of them have a wing designed specifically for this purpose. They are just OC wings utilized for CCR. Halcyon and ISC are the only two, with the exception of the Optima being built to utilize a DR wing, that are purpose designed. The advantage I see in the ISC wing is the fact that it is still a donut, so they were able to move lift down to the base of the unit without having to flare out the wings too much like the Halcyon. The other big advantage is that it has a built-in butt mount for side-mounting or lift bag storage.

The rEvo uses a wing that was specificaly designed for the unit.. There are 2 versions one for the normal rEVo and one for the mini..

I don't know if the Golem wing was designed for a CCR but it seems to fit quite well on certain rigs..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote's Avatar
    Sentinel, Evolution

Meg, Ouroboros, Inspiration

Just repeating what he told me. I find my head much harder to remove after a dive.

i agree mine is on fast too after a dive but its a little counter-intuitive considering the expansion on ascent!!??!! and that in mind i wouldn't like to risk not having the clips on mine!!!

simon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4