Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: So what's new at the ISC stand at DEMA

After spending some time at the booth, the way I understood from Leon is that the one on display was his, and Cederics double setup was a little different from his. I didn't get into the differences with him, but Leon stated he configured it a little different for personal preference.

The composite cans are sweet, but they are still working on a production solution to latching the head to the can. Obviously, the pressure will keep the head on, but out of the water is another story. (read, must be careful when lifting, etc...)

The new wing looks great. I was told the first production run should be ready shortly. Finally, a purpose built Meg wing. Bungees, though?? Mel told us that she didn't feel they were neccessary, so they will probably come off.

Just realized we spent $30 a piece for Meg t-shirts. Pissed about that, but oh well.

Apecs 3.0; no new news. Leon told us he is unhappy with the handsets, so they are working on new solutions.

I really enjoyed talking to them. All a bunch of genuine folks.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    Just realized we spent $30 a piece for Meg t-shirts. Pissed about that, but oh well.
    WOW! I bet!!

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    OK guys.....The suspense is killing me..........

What cool stuff has ISC released at the show......

APECS 3?
    Fibre Wound Canister?

Someone please ;)
    I asked Leon about APECS 3. His reply was "it will be here when it gets here and it will not be rushed." I asked about the algorhythm it would use and was told "you can put whatever you want in it VPM, Buhlman."

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by rigdiver  View Original Post
    I asked about the algorhythm it would use and was told "you can put whatever you want in it VPM, Buhlman."
    Wicked!

Now that makes new controllers more attactive, being able to choose the software.

Bobby

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    The composite cans are sweet, but they are still working on a production solution to latching the head to the can. Obviously, the pressure will keep the head on, but out of the water is another story. (read, must be careful when lifting, etc...)
    No it won't - the loop is at ambient pressure remember - it's not like a dive light etc where the cannister is at 1 ata.

Mike

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rigdiver  View Original Post
    I asked Leon about APECS 3. His reply was "it will be here when it gets here and it will not be rushed." I asked about the algorhythm it would use and was told "you can put whatever you want in it VPM, Buhlman."
    Of course that's what he said. That's what he always says.

The Meg user base is out there clamoring for APECS 3.0 and/or the radial scrubber, and ISC shows up at DEMA with...a wing?!?!

I don't get it.

Brian

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

It was the first time I heard him say you could choose VPM, RGBM, Buhlman, etc.. I appreciate the getting it right before release philosophy. I'll keep diving the Inspo for a bit longer till APECS 3.0 finally arrives.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic  View Original Post
    The Meg user base is out there clamoring for APECS 3.0 and/or the radial scrubber, and ISC shows up at DEMA with...a wing?!?!
    That's funny, Brian. Now get in the back of the line for the APECS 3.0... :)

Why would anyone want to get the radial scrubber from ISC when the Golem is readily available, and is nicer than most radial scrubber with their compression lid ? And already been tested in the field...

Same for wing, there are even more choices from Oxycheq, Golem, Dive-Rite, Halcyon, etc. ? It is so damn easy to get a wing that is not longer than the can...

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    <snip>

Why would anyone want to get the radial scrubber from ISC when the Golem is readily available, and is nicer than most radial scrubber with their compression lid ? And already been tested in the field...

<snip>
    Exactly. That's why we have two of them on the way. ;)

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast