+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Rebreather Comparison Chart

Yes the testing was done in the vertical position
    And everybody knows that dives should be made in the vertical position ...

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie  View Original Post
    Yes the testing was done in the vertical position

I would say that the weights came from the units they had

I don't know how many test they had done but it would be nice to see how the WOB and durations compared at different depths and in both vertical and horizontal.

Dam, that is very anoying indead. I spend virtualy zero time in the dive in the vertical position so I fail to see the relevance. Flat to 45 degrees would be usful data.

ATB

Mark

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Are you guys really sure that the tests were conducted in the vertical position? As I remember the test from talking with Leon from ISC and Kevin from CCR, the unit starts in the vertical position and moves through a range of positions. What is the go?
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

I would say that the weights came from the units they had
    that's not what I was told: they simply took it from the website...

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve  View Original Post
    Are you guys really sure that the tests were conducted in the vertical position? As I remember the test from talking with Leon from ISC and Kevin from CCR, the unit starts in the vertical position and moves through a range of positions. What is the go?
    That's what I was told

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve  View Original Post
    100% sure: Kevin himself explained me!

the hole range of positions is another test: mesuring peak mbars +/-

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Can't make anything right for you lot.

Have a look in the gallery, sometimes I wonder if anyone not on an RB80 ever dives horizontally.

But seriously, no matter who commisioned the testing, it was done, it provides comparable data to the public for the first time.

Actually, I'm not even sure if the position did indeed made such a big difference, as the test was for breathing resistance.
    I'll try and find out how the testing was done.

Either way, maybe this is an ecouragement to the manufacturers of units not having been tested under to CE protocol
    to finally go ahead and test their scrubber durations etc and, for a nice change, actually publish the data.

I truly applaud C2R for having the testing done, whatever their intentions may have been.
    Same for Jetsam to invest the time and money to have their rigs' durations tested.
    The bottom line is that we now know more about the units than we did before.
    Take the Sport Kiss', rEvos and Optima's scrubbers, they were new and unusual designs.
    The rEvo did quite well IMHO, the Sport Kiss much as expected.
    The much touted cartridge on the other hand disappointed me.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 15th October 2007 at 09:51.

Bubble free by choice steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss's Avatar
    rEvo

Meg

Don't forget the old adage....there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. With a set of data you can make it appear to support almost any conclusion you want!

I'm skeptical of data produced by a manufacturer that makes their latest and greatest the winner by a long way. A vertical WOB test seems a little convenient, if that's the case.

Why can't we have an independent body carry out a standardised, simulated real life, tests on the various units. RBW??

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steveharriss  View Original Post

Why can't we have an independent body carry out a standardised, simulated real life, tests on the various units. RBW??
    We would like to - but it is damn expensive - the deal with the commercial stores is they kick back a percentage of profit to finance these sort of RBW projects.

rEvo's daddy
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    Actually, I'm not even sure if the position did indeed made such a big difference, as the test was for breathing resistance.
    I'll try and find out how the testing was done.
    Hi Stephan, it makes the most possible difference: imagine that it's dynamic testing: breathing cycles push-pull though the unit, at an immence flow (75l/min)

in vertical position, on every cycle when you exhale, and when you did not optimise your counterlung volume, you have to push a volume of gas 50cm lower than your mouth, or 30cm lower then the center of your lungs!!!

and you mesure the energy (joules) that is needed to transport the gas trough the system....

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast