+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelagian DCCCR in the USA

Rebreatherlab Rep Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab's Avatar
    PELAGIAN DCCCR

Pelagian DCCCR in the USA

Hi guys,

Right after DEMA I will run one or two training courses at both diver and instructor levels at Pompano Beach, south Florida.
    The first course is currently slated for Nov 5-9. A second course will commence on Nov 12, but will only take place after the first course is filled up.

I will bring 4 DCCCR’s with the optional BOV to the DEMA show and these will be for sale after the show, so there is a bit of saving on shipping and tax to be made. Additional units can also be shipped with UPS.

We will be short of RB cylinders, so if you already own a pair and don’t want to drag them and your dive bag around the DEMA show you can either park them in our booth or ship them to the dive center in Pompano Beach.

If you need cylinders and other bits and pieces Fill Express carries everything needed at great prices. Most are stocked, but cylinder orders should be placed before Oct 15 to make sure they are available before the course starts.

Instructor training will run parallel with the diver course, but also require an additional two days after.

Please email or PM for further info.

Andy
    Last edited by Rebreatherlab; 25th September 2007 at 14:03.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Pelagian DCCCR in the USA

How about making it to the post DEMA dive with our group?

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

Which dive center are you using?
    Please let us SCRUBS know if you need anything.

I have 2x19s and 2x40s you can use if needed. I will probably be working and not diving those dates.

Rebreatherlab Rep Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab is a jewel in the rough Rebreatherlab's Avatar
    PELAGIAN DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    How about making it to the post DEMA dive with our group?
    Do you mean run training dives off your boat?
    That would depend on the suitability of the dive sites vs, student previous experience level. I will keep it in mind.

Cheers,

Andy

PELAGIAN DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by vidodivr  View Original Post
    Which dive center are you using?
    Please let us SCRUBS know if you need anything.

I have 2x19s and 2x40s you can use if needed. I will probably be working and not diving those dates.
    It looks like we will use Fill Express.
    If I can use your 19's I would be very grateful!
    I am also looking for a pair of 19s to use during the DEMA show.

edit: Fill Express usually has them, but all are already rented out due to the high number of CCR divers in the area during and after the show.

I checked with others and few shops in Orlando seems RB orientated.

Andy
    Last edited by Rebreatherlab; 25th September 2007 at 13:58. Reason: Correction

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

The hydro is not a place for dives on an unfamiliar unit for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebreatherlab  View Original Post
    That would depend on the suitability of the dive sites vs, student previous experience level. I will keep it in mind.

Cheers,

Andy

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

I was thinking more in terms of you diving with us before starting your class. The dive can be done pretty well to about 150 feet on this wreck. However, the bottom is over 170. So, I am guessing that this would not be suitable for your class.

PELAGIAN DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by vidodivr  View Original Post
    The hydro is not a place for dives on an unfamiliar unit for anyone.
    I made assumptions about what Howard was suggesting before finding out where you are diving and when. Looking into the dive sites for the course a bit later. Maybe the lagoon could be used? I am sure Mark at Fill Express have some good suggestions.

Andy

PELAGIAN DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    I was thinking more in terms of you diving with us before starting your class. The dive can be done pretty well to about 150 feet on this wreck. However, the bottom is over 170. So, I am guessing that this would not be suitable for your class.
    I would absolutely love to go diving with you guys. If equipment and logistics for my course can get sorted well in time and the trip don't take the whole day into account I will try to join the trip.

The next Pelagian course in Thailand is not starting until Nov 25, so I might stay a few days after training in Pompano and see if I can join the SCRUBS for some dives.

Andy

There is plenty of drift diving usualy 30ft, 60ft to 80ft & deeper reefs. I always found the drift dives the least stressful when first learning my unit as the current can kick up quite a bit here.
    The beach diving is accessible this time of year as well, you can usually park pretty close and it's a pretty short swim to the 1st reef in about 15ft.

I made assumptions about what Howard was suggesting before finding out where you are diving and when. Looking into the dive sites for the course a bit later. Maybe the lagoon could be used? I am sure Mark at Fill Express have some good suggestions.

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast