+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help on a Divers Lift Design

Portuguese Diver jmacarenhas is an unknown quantity at this point jmacarenhas's Avatar

Need Help on a Divers Lift Design

Hi all, I’m in a process of building a dive boat and one of the problems that I face is the installation of a lift. The boat is being build in Portugal and it will be the frist time that we are going to have a lift in our country. The Builder doesn’t have a clue to how to build a lift and so my question is simple. Does anyone can give me schematics of a lift for diving so that I can end up having a proper divers lift?
    Best Regards,

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Need Help on a Divers Lift Design

Hello,

I've been told that many boats in Spain (Estartit, Cadaques) have a lift.
    For example, this one: Diving Centre El Rei del Mar in Estartit on the Costa Brava. Spain. Medas Island (found with Google). You should ask them.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

What's your boat like?

A lot of boats in the UK have lifts, there's plenty of pics of them about.

Portuguese Diver jmacarenhas is an unknown quantity at this point jmacarenhas's Avatar

Hi is a 18m Catamaran. What I realy need is a schematics on the working of a lift, because the guys in Portugal want to invent sommething and to be honest if its alrredy developed why invent the wheel again.

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

A lot of the boats operating on the south coast of UK use the same design of lift. See the following website for an example.....Dive Boats in Weymouth

You might want to try calling the skipper, Ian Taylor, as he has just fitted out a new boat, including a lift - I'm sure he will tell you where he got it from.

Two power sources are used - either a electric winch similar to that mounted on a 4WD bumper or a similar hydraulic winch ..which of course needs the engine to be fitted with a hydraulic pump.

The lift is aluminium and is bolted to the stern of the boat.

Hope this helps,

Steve

+ Reply to Thread