+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RB Friendly liveaboards on the Barrier Reef - Split thread

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: RB Friendly liveaboards on the Barrier Reef - Split thread

Quote Originally Posted by adstaa  View Original Post
    Along with the trip that Ross and Lance are checking out next week, my plan is to also run liveaboard trips out of Port Douglas that are exclusively for technical and rebreather divers cheers

ads

Please let us know about any scheduled CCR trips to the Coral Sea as far in advance as possible, so us septics can start saving up our pennies for the airfare... -Andy

RBW Member adstaa is an unknown quantity at this point adstaa's Avatar

We will aim to give you as much notice as possible. Start saving those pennies tho. If the initial trips are a success I'd like to run them quite regularly.

If anyone has any suggestions for things they'd like to see as part of a trip then shoot them at me.

ads

Megman armed with DeepRed opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby's Avatar
    Cave Megalodon ,Shearwater

Hey Adam
    I think the 2,000 meter vertical walls at Osprey Reef will be enough to blow any RB divers minds...well the top part of them anyway:D I love hanging against those walls with just the cobalt blue of the depths below......Ross

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by adstaa  View Original Post
    Lance - hopefully I will get to meet you on saturday before you head out to sea. If not we should get together soon and talk shop....:)

cheers

ads
    Hey Adam,

Ross has told me a lot about you and some of the plans for future Rebreather trips up here.

Thanks to guys like you I am sure we will get this up and running and I already know it'll be a huge success.

Looking forward to catching up Saturday before departing.

Regards,

Lance

Emoticonoclast dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman's Avatar

Here's enthusiastic best wishes from one Yank!

--dan

bubbleless Damon is an unknown quantity at this point Damon's Avatar

So........what type of serious $$$ would you guys be willing to come up with?

Cheers Damon

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by opimoby  View Original Post
    Hey Adam
    I think the 2,000 meter vertical walls at Osprey Reef will be enough to blow any RB divers minds...well the top part of them anyway:D I love hanging against those walls with just the cobalt blue of the depths below......Ross
    Yup, I'll second that...

Had the pleasure of working on Nimrod Explorer, and the dives at Osprey, I have to rate as my favorite (:disclaimer!!! - non wreck non cave) reef dives ever. Absolutely mind-blowing stuff. From what I've seen, the deeper you go, the better it gets!!! Would love the chance to to some decent deeper exploration dives there with decent bottom times.

One thing to think about (hate to be a spoilsport!!!), Osprey is WAAAY out of reach of any helicopter. Any incidents, you're a minimum 10hrs steam away from helicopter range, then you have an hour in the chopper to get to a chamber...
    Last edited by sadave; 13th September 2007 at 13:35.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by sadave  View Original Post
    Yup, I'll second that...

Had the pleasure of working on Nimrod Explorer, and the dives at Osprey, I have to rate as my favorite (:disclaimer!!! - non wreck non cave) reef dives ever. Absolutely mind-blowing stuff. From what I've seen, the deeper you go, the better it gets!!! Would love the chance to to some decent deeper exploration dives there with decent bottom times.

One thing to think about (hate to be a spoilsport!!!), Osprey is WAAAY out of reach of any helicopter. Any incidents, you're a minimum 10hrs steam away from helicopter range, then you have an hour in the chopper to get to a chamber...

Hi Dave, all the more reason why IWR is something we should be familiar with and ready to use. My buddy Capt. Craig saved himself from a spinal hit with IWR while diving on Golden Dawn way out in the Bismarck Sea in Northern PNG, no chance of rapid evac. But certainly no reason not to visit such a fantastic place... -Andy

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by sadave  View Original Post
    Having just retuened from Osprey Reef with Undersea Explorer I have to admit the diving was the most spectacular Reef diving I have ever done. If it's sharks you want then this has to be the place for you. I was drifting along the West Wall at 40m and drifted right through a group of around 30 sharks....I was a bit stunned for a couple of seconds thinking whether I was going to live to talk about it but they weren't interested in me...fortunately!!

There were Whalers, Silver Tips, White Tips and Hammer Heads.....

That didn't stop me clicking off a few pics as I drifted past. Later when I was recalling the experience I was told, by the onboard Marine Biologist, that it was a shark cleaning station....Phew Anyhow, I thought I must have been narked but later I counted 20 sharks in one pic!!

Ok....Back to what I was going to say.....

I asked the skipper about emergency evac from Osprey and now that Cairns has a long range rescue chopper they can safely conduct an evac from Osprey........Although they don't have a lot of spare time to loiter.....

The nearest Chamber is in Townsville a couple of hours low level chopper ride from there but none the less it is there and available if needed.

Lance

RBW Member adstaa is an unknown quantity at this point adstaa's Avatar

hey lance

i hear you and ross had an awesome trip. would love to see some of those pics....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast