+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 megs in Australia instructed by Steve.

RBW Member deanc will become famous soon enough deanc will become famous soon enough deanc will become famous soon enough deanc's Avatar

3 megs in Australia instructed by Steve.

3 more to the growing list of Steve trained Megs.

Mine to stay in Perth.
    Gregv to return to New Zealand.
    Theo back to Syndey.

Positively satisfied with diving this way, and with the excellent instruction.

Still to get an efficient 1.6 O2 purge at 6m (work still under progress), and an efficient cross-the-arms dil flush too!

One interesting 'feature' that I discovered is a virtually flood-proof OTS lung with bottom vent valve.

When I loosened off the setting on the vent valve for a boom-drill stage-bottle OC ascent from 20m, the vent valve came completely off in my hands. Just do as I did, ascend slowly head up, surface swim 200m forwards keeping head up, climb up the rocks, walk to the cars, open the can and not a drop of water inside. Quitely confident as I could feel the air in the lungs the whole time. One inch of water in the bottom lung. Back diving again in 10 minutes.

We did try for a buddy to screw the fitting back on under water, but the internals were loose inside the lung, but that could have been done with a little more perseverence.

As far as predive checklists go the answer is yes, yes, maybe and yes. Make up your own questions to suit those answers!

Looking forward to the diving, then mix course, in due time.

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Re: 3 megs in Australia instructed by Steve.

Congratulations on passing the course & Welcome to the DARK SIDE Remember: We have cookies.

RBW Member deanc will become famous soon enough deanc will become famous soon enough deanc will become famous soon enough deanc's Avatar

Cheers, Sven. I say that Dive Log articles on Sydney Project dives have made interesting reading, subconsciously somewhat of an influence on the move.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

well done lads, im heading over to perth myself in august, looking forward in meeting up with steve;)

Good, then if you are coming, find out the Image dive schedule (LukeN). Dives often come up at short notice, when the weather and numbers of interested divers align.

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

Quote Originally Posted by sven  View Original Post
    Remember: We have cookies.
    Specifically, the cookies are behind the kitchen counter on the right side at Bazza's...

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Congratulations on your new meg!

Quote Originally Posted by deanc  View Original Post
    One interesting 'feature' that I discovered is a virtually flood-proof OTS lung with bottom vent valve.

When I loosened off the setting on the vent valve for a boom-drill stage-bottle OC ascent from 20m, the vent valve came completely off in my hands. Just do as I did, ascend slowly head up, surface swim 200m forwards keeping head up, climb up the rocks, walk to the cars, open the can and not a drop of water inside. Quitely confident as I could feel the air in the lungs the whole time. One inch of water in the bottom lung. Back diving again in 10 minutes.

I have seen this happen on several new units and it should be checked every dive. It seems whoever is installing them these days hasn't heard about "Leon tight"
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    It seems whoever is installing them these days hasn't heard about "Leon tight"
    Don't think I want to know about "Leon tight" either....

Congrats on passing the course guys, Looking forward to another RB on the boat Dean!

No Viz is BAD Viz almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1's Avatar

3 more to the growing list of Steve trained Megs.

Still to get an efficient 1.6 O2 purge at 6m (work still under progress), and an efficient cross-the-arms dil flush too!
    Hey Mate

Got back late last night.

Nice to have meet you

There is lots to worked on from here, good luck with it, keep in touch, especially here on RBW

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Good, then if you are coming, find out the Image dive schedule (LukeN). Dives often come up at short notice, when the weather and numbers of interested divers align.
    Congrats guys! Welcome to the club - see you on the boat soon:)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast