Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI issues alert over SCUBA diving activities

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

FBI issues alert over SCUBA diving activities

PMSL ...

http://www.underwatertimes.com/news....id=64810251370

Disregarding the disclaimers - we are ALL on the FBI's radar ...Or maybe not: So far I did not feel an urge to dive sewer pipes

What can be done to bring sanity back to this world???

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Re: FBI issues alert over SCUBA diving activities

Quote Originally Posted by sven  View Original Post

Elect a new president. Or should've I guess.

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9  View Original Post
    Why not? Normally good places to find crabs & shell fish ;)

Must book that DPV course ASAP....

JT
    Do you mean soft shell crabs?:D

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sven  View Original Post
    PMSL ...

UnderwaterTimes | FBI Issues Scuba Industry Alert Over Requests For Specialized Training, 'Nefarious Activity'

Disregarding the disclaimers - we are ALL on the FBI's radar ...Or maybe not: So far I did not feel an urge to dive sewer pipes

Swimmer Delivery Vehicles (SDVs)..............Does this mean boats:p

Good Grief...............................
    I don't know who to fear the most anymore the North Koreans or the Americans..................

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Rebreathers, DPVs, deep diving, navigation ... nefarious activity.
    Sad, isn't it.

Can't think of a dive shop that takes personal checks ...

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Guys,

As someone who was present when *obvious* potential terrorists attempted to obtain flight training at our facility, this is not a joke. We had the FBI there in 5 minutes (and it was the real deal). Take it for what it's worth.

No dive center is going to dial up the phone for a sport diver wanting technical training. When someone who has *obviously* never been diving before calls and asks about buying 20 rebreathers and four Russian Protei DPV's, cannot articulate why, and specifies hardware that he's obviously memorized by reading the internet, you'll know. I'll be the first to turn them in. In fact, I've already done exactly that, and am proud of it. My "gut feeling" is that it was the FBI checking *me*. Who cares.... I always do the right thing anyhow.

There are bad people out there. One mans hobby is another mans plan for mass murder. Never doubt it. Just use common sense.

Dave

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

I'm with Dave 100%. Right after 911 we(Inst's) were asked about things not quite right. I'm glad to say my training agency opened up records. Yes, think about it. Swim UW across a canal or river right into a refinery or nuclear power plant. Big BOOM. And it was not Grandma that blew up the WTC.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    Rebreathers, DPVs, deep diving, navigation ... nefarious activity.
    I don't know.
    It's easy to see it as a joke but...

The IRA tried to blow up the Prime-minister a mile down the road from me and while it makes sense to keep your eyes open if you let them terrorise you into changing your life style they have won. I see a lot of the 'war on terror' responses as a surrender. We don't protect our way of life by changing it for the worse.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post

No dive center is going to dial up the phone for a sport diver wanting technical training. When someone who has *obviously* never been diving before calls and asks about buying 20 rebreathers and four Russian Protei DPV's, cannot articulate why, and specifies hardware that he's obviously memorized by reading the internet, you'll know. I'll be the first to turn them in.
    Don't turn them in. Better yet show them all the rebreathers on ebay with $500 doallr bids and seller feedbacks of 0.

If we can get the terrorist cells and the ebay scammers to start preying on each other..... Oh man that would be sweet!

My idea for the war on terror is to design a bomb that fits in a bra and uses no more metal than a normal underwire would have in it. As soon as the media reports that the plans are on the internet the TS nazis will make women remove their bras in addition to the rediculous shoe removal policy. The lines will get longer but at lot more fun to stand in.
    Last edited by cramerdn; 24th June 2007 at 15:16.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Training Indicators

Requests for specialty training, including odd inquiries that are inconsistent with recreational diving. These may include:Requests to dive in murky water or sewer pipes.
    Or caves?
    Requests to learn advanced skills associated with combat swimming, including:Use of re-breathers and diver propulsion vehicles (DPVs).
    well we always knew at a minimum that the Meg divers were involved in "Nefarious Activity"
    Deep diving.Conducting kick counts.Receiving extra navigation training.
    Yes its true when you sign up for the PADI Advanced Open water course you are on the list!!
    Requests for advanced diver training by applicants from countries where diving is not a common recreational activity.
    Ok I will bite which countries are those? If its not common there that may explain why the student is where you are.

Similarly, training sponsored by groups or agencies such as religious organizations, cults, associations, or charitable agencies not normally associated with diving.
    Religious organizations? Dosen't the C in YMCA stand for "Christian"!?! OMG I think I may have uncovered one of the oldest and deepest terror cells in america!!

Cults? If the FBI could print out a list of registered cults it would us help identify them. Watch out NACD and NSS, I think you may qualify. GUE and you DIR guys; I know you qualify.

Other Indicators:Paying cash for diving instruction.Refusal or reluctance to provide personal information.
    Yes its true. If you plan on exceriseing any of your expected rights to privacy you are nefarious.
    Recipients are requested to report suspicious or criminal activity to their local FBI Office.
    You get extra points if its a family memebr or loved one. George Orwell would be proud.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast