+ Reply to Thread

Thread: compressor filters

RBW Member stegri5 is an unknown quantity at this point stegri5's Avatar

compressor filters

hi i have a small problem with my paramina compressor filter. i ordered a new filter for this unit and found that the new compressor that i bought from the uk last year has been modified to a do it ur self filter ...which is good for me much cheaper... so i have a new plastic filter with 3 types of material with like cotton filters in white between the different colour products... in the modified compressor filter i have only two products one black which is carbon the other brown like small round ?? (dont know this word) ..anyway what should i fill this filter back up again with and how much of what product..i also use a extra coltri sub filter on the cyclinders.thanks steve

This is serious......mum Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy's Avatar
    rEVO 111

Inspo Classic

Re: compressor filters

Hi,

We have been using repackable filters for several years in both our compressor and personal filter.

The black stuff is Activated Charcoal and is used to absorb odours. The brownish pellets or round stuff is Molecular Sieve which is used to remove moisture and oil from the compressed gas.

I usually pack about 1/2 to 2/3rds molecular sieve and then top up with the charcoal. The two layers are separated with a thick layer of felt which is cut to the cross sectional area of the filter. These pieces of felt can be washed and reused several times.

Avoid dive shops for buying the charcoal and molecular sieve. They will charge you way to much. If you do some research on the net or locally via phone book you will be able to buy it significantly cheaper.

Hope this helps.

thanks alot for the relpy now i know what to buy ...steve

where can i buy thick layers of felt in the uk or france. ive found the other products but carnt find the felt. steve

can anybody tell what type of felt that is used in the filters and where i can get some from thanks steve

+ Reply to Thread