+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which are the lightest 2L Cylinders

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Copis Meg

KISS Sport

Question Which are the lightest 2L Cylinders

I'm looking to get a pair of 2L Cylinders for my KISS Sport; primarily for travelling - so I'm looking for the lightest ones; which are lighter, Steel or Alloy. I've heard that the thicker walls of the Ally make them heavier than the steels - but whenever I've held a 2L Luxfer, it sure feels lighter than a 2L faber !

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Re: Which are the lightest 2L Cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by iratnl  View Original Post
    I'm looking to get a pair of 2L Cylinders for my KISS Sport; primarily for travelling - so I'm looking for the lightest ones; which are lighter, Steel or Alloy. I've heard that the thicker walls of the Ally make them heavier than the steels - but whenever I've held a 2L Luxfer, it sure feels lighter than a 2L faber !
    The lightest 2L cylinders suitable for O2 are SCI: carbon filament on Ali, 300 bar, O2 rated and given the cost of RBs accessories, are affordable. I have one in my hand. They have an 18mm thread.

Anyone know of any company that makes a 300 bar DIN SCUBA cylinder valve that has an 18mm thread? Getting 25mm valves turned down to 18mm and replated is a pain.

Alex

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Have a look at Tecme's website, Martin has nice used ali/carbon 2l tanks, 2,2kg with the valve. I use them on my rEvo. ;)

RBW Member Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AD_ward9  View Original Post
    Anyone know of any company that makes a 300 bar DIN SCUBA cylinder valve that has an 18mm thread? Getting 25mm valves turned down to 18mm and replated is a pain.
    Alex
    AP Valves do a 232 bar version part no AP93M18

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Have a look at Tecme's website, Martin has nice used ali/carbon 2l tanks, 2,2kg with the valve. I use them on my rEvo. ;)
    Thanks. I emailed for price and availability for the valves.

Cheers

Alex

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Thanks. I emailed for price and availability for the valves.

Cheers

Alex
    Tank thread is small conical. The valve is O2 German standard but Martin can put standard G5/8 DIN instead.
    Have a look:

oxygen nerd jasonvds is on a distinguished road jasonvds is on a distinguished road jasonvds's Avatar

SCI are the way to go as they are easily accessible, there are some nicer cylinders out there but military only i'm afraid...

RBW Member bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather!

Dolphin, LAR V

The lightest 2L cylinders suitable for O2 are SCI: carbon filament on Ali, 300 bar, O2 rated and given the cost of RBs accessories, are affordable. I have one in my hand. They have an 18mm thread.

Alex
    Where can you get these? Available in DOT spec?

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid Mini Titanium

Inspiration Vision

2L ally Luxfer stamped up at 3kg .If you want to buy it ? I'm in eastbourne on sunday diving :D

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

Alex et al,

T.D. Preece in Australia do a large variety of different spec valves for scuba, be it military or regular. They have a number of M18 valves depending on the orientation you want.

http://www.australianvalve.com/

Regards
    Brad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast