+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beyond The Blue - Important Announcement

Beyond The Blue - Important Announcement

Important Announcement - Beyond The Blue Magazine

No doubt many of you have been wondering what has been going on with the magazine over the past few months; well I can now reveal that we will be switching to a FREE digital version of the magazine from 6th April 2007.

Letters are going out to all subscribers to let them know about the changes and to let them know about how to get their subscription refund – but in the meantime, here’s the score.

Having been producing cutting edge diving magazine for over nine years, we have come to realise that the future for special interest magazines is without doubt digital. This format will allow us to give you instant access to the magazine – to download as often as you want and to have a copy at home or at work or both. Please note that this is NOT a pdf style magazine, if you haven’t downloaded our test copy then you won't have seen what we are producing. This is a full-on dive magazine with page turning technology and layout just like a hard copy.

We will put out a message on as many forums as possible as each issue is ready and you can then follow the link to download; we won’t be harvesting your email address, there is no catch, you can download as many times as you like.

We will be sticking with the quaterley format to keep the standard of articles as high as they’ve always been. We aim to keep the overall file-size to a maximum of about 20mb; while this may seem large it should take the basic broadband inter-net connection only couple of minutes to download.

The test version is up there already and the launch date for the first full download edition is 6th April (Good Friday), so you’ll have a chance to catch up with us over the Easter weekend.

Subscription Refunds

As we have had your payment for a subscription then we would like to sort out a refund as we switch to digital. Therefore, all subscribers will have a choice of the following offers:

UK Subscriptions Choice of Bowstone Divers Safety Shears & Pouch
    Back issues to make up remainder of subscription
    Cash refund to value of remaining subscription

Euro Subscriptions Choice of Bowstone Divers Safety Shears & Knife

World Subscription Choice of Bowstone Hose/Wing Knife

The subscription refund offer IS going to be open-ended as some people may not see messages such as this or have changed address or be away. The knives refund DOESN'T depend on the number of issues you had to go on your subscription - the back issues & cash DOES

If you’re wondering what we are talking about you can see the trial sample on our website –

Diving Magazine - Beyond the Blue Technical Diving Magazines

Please note, as our magazine is a self contained .exe file it can sometimes cause internet security warnings to pop up. This is perfectly normal and is just a warning from your PC. The majority of internet security software will trigger this type of warning. The designers are working on getting a license so this security pop-up can be eliminated.

As we are on deadline I’ll be on and off picking up messages so rather than leave me a PM – if you’ve any questions please drop me a line at

beyondmag@uk2.net

Look forward to seeing what you make of the first issue

Ron

Decodiver

Re: Beyond The Blue - Important Announcement

Good on ya Ron.

But how are you guys going to turn a profit to keep this a long term venture, advertising?

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 29th March 2007 at 21:48.

RBW Member esc is an unknown quantity at this point esc's Avatar

I am sure many people are happy BUT...

Some of us have moved away from the Windows long time ago (and there is no turning back). PDF/Flash, etc. would have been compatible for OSX or Linux. Your .exe format is not

/esc

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver  View Original Post
    Good on ya Ron.

But how are you guys going to turn a profit to keep this a long term venture, advertising?

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Best of luck Ron

Hi Dave,

Advertising is the revenue source for the new format Ron has introduced and I think it will be very well supported by advertisers including me :D

Regards

Custom Title Allowed! Morg_NZ is an unknown quantity at this point Morg_NZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esc  View Original Post

Some of us have moved away from the Windows long time ago (and there is no turning back). PDF/Flash, etc. would have been compatible for OSX or Linux. Your .exe format is not

/esc

I agree

Should be released in PDF as well

Emoticonoclast dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman's Avatar

I applaud the move to digital. It really is the future.

But in this day and age, there is no excuse for a windows-only format...

--dan

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman  View Original Post
    I applaud the move to digital. It really is the future.

But in this day and age, there is no excuse for a windows-only format...

--dan
    Well other than it suits 97% (93% if one listens to apple) of the market ;) Simple business guys. It would be great if Ron can accommodate you guys but it really would be as a favour due to the ever shrinking non Windows OS market share.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Emoticonoclast dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve  View Original Post
    ...ever shrinking non Windows OS market share.
    Things really are upside down in Oz...

But seriously, I never cease being amused by folks who
    justify their serfdom by citing its relative convenience ...

--dan

RBW Member Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown's Avatar
    Cave Meg

Sentinel, Evolution

Nothing like picking up & thumbing through your favorite mag's though is there! Admiring the well taken glossy pics? I for one will miss that side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by esc  View Original Post

/esc
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg_NZ  View Original Post
    I agree

Should be released in PDF as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mahoney  View Original Post
    Important Announcement - Beyond The Blue Magazine

No doubt many of you have been wondering what has been going on with the magazine over the past few months; well I can now reveal that we will be switching to a FREE digital version of the magazine from 6th April 2007.

Letters are going out to all subscribers to let them know about the changes and to let them know about how to get their subscription refund – but in the meantime, here’s the score.

Having been producing cutting edge diving magazine for over nine years, we have come to realise that the future for special interest magazines is without doubt digital. This format will allow us to give you instant access to the magazine – to download as often as you want and to have a copy at home or at work or both. Please note that this is NOT a pdf style magazine, if you haven’t downloaded our test copy then you won't have seen what we are producing. This is a full-on dive magazine with page turning technology and layout just like a hard copy.

We will put out a message on as many forums as possible as each issue is ready and you can then follow the link to download; we won’t be harvesting your email address, there is no catch, you can download as many times as you like.

We will be sticking with the quaterley format to keep the standard of articles as high as they’ve always been. We aim to keep the overall file-size to a maximum of about 20mb; while this may seem large it should take the basic broadband inter-net connection only couple of minutes to download.

The test version is up there already and the launch date for the first full download edition is 6th April (Good Friday), so you’ll have a chance to catch up with us over the Easter weekend.

Subscription Refunds

As we have had your payment for a subscription then we would like to sort out a refund as we switch to digital. Therefore, all subscribers will have a choice of the following offers:

UK Subscriptions Choice of Bowstone Divers Safety Shears & Pouch

Euro Subscriptions Choice of Bowstone Divers Safety Shears & Knife

World Subscription Choice of Bowstone Hose/Wing Knife

The subscription refund offer IS going to be open-ended as some people may not see messages such as this or have changed address or be away. The knives refund DOESN'T depend on the number of issues you had to go on your subscription - the back issues & cash DOES

If you’re wondering what we are talking about you can see the trial sample on our website –

Diving Magazine - Beyond the Blue Technical Diving Magazines

Please note, as our magazine is a self contained .exe file it can sometimes cause internet security warnings to pop up. This is perfectly normal and is just a warning from your PC. The majority of internet security software will trigger this type of warning. The designers are working on getting a license so this security pop-up can be eliminated.

As we are on deadline I’ll be on and off picking up messages so rather than leave me a PM – if you’ve any questions please drop me a line at

beyondmag@uk2.net

Look forward to seeing what you make of the first issue

Ron

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman  View Original Post
    Things really are upside down in Oz...

But seriously, I never cease being amused by folks who
    justify their serfdom by citing its relative convenience ...

--dan
    agree
    mac is the way to go anyway - but don't tell teh windows comun. so we can enjoy virus free surfing for much much longer.

Ron - well done, this move is very much appreciated, great attitude as well. have some green for that.

Any idea if you guys plan to release in a mac readable format in the future as well ?

cheers
    christian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast