+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite wreck....

Subsea Systems koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai is just really nice koputai's Avatar

Re: What is your favourite wreck....

1 - What is your Favourite Wreck
    D'Artagnan, captured French ocean liner/Japanese troop ship.

2 - Where is it
    South China Sea, NW of Borneo, 4 days out of Singapore

3 - What depth in meters of salt water
    About 75m

4 - What is on it / why is it your favourite....
    It's big, virtually intact, and our first dive on it was in magnificent conditions. We could see almost the whole wreck from 3m under the boat, it was amazingly clear. The last 'adventure' dive with my old mate Crusty. One of those memories that will last forever.

Jason.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Hello all.

Favorite wreck - Tough call, but probably the S' Jacob, an armed Dutch freighter, sunk by Japanese aircraft in WW2. There are many great airplane and ship wrecks in PNG.

Where is it - Huon Gulf, NE Papua New Guinea.

What depth - 180 ft./55 ish meters

Why it's so great - A good sized ship in the middle of a large benthic plane, no reefs around for miles, so there's a ton of colorful soft coral growth and huge schools of fish living on it. It's an oasis in the middle of a sandy benthic desert. Deep enough and far enough from shore to be hard to find and salvage. Nice sized gun turret on the aft deck. Dove it twice, both times there was a milky layer in the first 20 ft, then I hit 150ft viz. Saw the largest Queensland Grouper I've ever seen, had to be 7ft long. It's eye was the size of a croquet ball. I surprised it, silently diving on my Prism as I rounded the funnel. It slapped it's tail so hard, it actually knocked me a few feet back, scared the shit out of me. Tremendous fish life all the way up the food chain. Complete with a mother and juvenile Tiger Shark, who buzzed the crew while they untied the mooring. All together, a beautiful, mysterious, little self contained organism which obliviously attached itself to a fabulous piece of crumbling history. -Andy

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I thought I would ask this as we would all get to learn of some really nice wrecks to dive....

so

2 - Where is it

3 - What depth

I shall go first

1 - James Egan Lane

2 - Cornwall, UK

3 - Oh maybe 20ms

4 - As it is the first time I dived with Sarah in the UK (awwwww) and it is such a gorgeous wreck, with loads of swim throughs and life on it.....great viz often too
    Greetings from down und

1- Mikhail Lermentov

2- Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand

3- 12-40 mtrs

4- the rusty rusky is still intact, full of goodies, and is good for some impressive penetrations (at least the lady is 176 mtrs long, so plenty to get you into trouble)

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

:)I havent been to my favorit wreck yet
    But the one I dived last weekend in southern Sweden called Gutrune(German cargoship sunk by the brittish sub E19 during WW1) was beautiful.
    There are 3 more wrecks close by also sunk by the SAME sub the SAME day and they are suppose to be even more beauitiful
    Depth 30-42m
    Here are some pics taken by Ingvar Eliasson (Thanks Ingvar)
    /Rodge
    Last edited by rogeringebo; 11th January 2009 at 07:55.

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

2 - Where is it

3 - What depth

1- USS ARIZONA (KINDA MORBID...READ ON

2- PEARL HARBOR OAHU, HAWAII

3- 0-60 FT

4- HISTORY ON ALL OF US, (MY WIFE IS FROM JAPAN AND SHE'S A HISTORICAL FREAK AS MUCH AS MYSELF SO WE GET ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS WHEN WE GET TO DIVE IT. THERE ARE GUNS, DECK FITTINGS.
    GETTING TO BE ONE OF FEW TO HIT IT. IF YOUR COMING TO HAWAII LET ME KNOW I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET YOU ON IT

New Member CCRDVR is an unknown quantity at this point CCRDVR's Avatar

The San Francisco Maru in Truk Lagoon. 160 feet to the deck and 185 feet in the forward hold. The three WWII tanks sitting on the deck are amazing!

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Talking Re: What is your favourite wreck....

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo
    But the one I dived last weekend in southern Sweden called Gutrune(German cargoship sunk by the brittish sub E19 during WW1) was beautiful.
    There are 3 more wrecks close by also sunk by the SAME sub the SAME day and they are suppose to be even more beauitiful
    Depth 30-42m
    /Rodge

asome viz - if you guys ever wnat to dive a cruise liner in New Zealand ( viz less than 15 mtres usually - I know it sucks), let me know and i will take you out the Mikhail Lermentov

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo
    Depth 30-42m
    /Rodge
    That was a nice wreck! The best I have dived in Sweden for sure but I guess there is competition coming.

The best wreck that I have dived in Finland is
    the russian destroyer Gordyi

2 - Where is it
    Gulf of Finland

3 - What depth
    45-60m

It is quite big (112m long 10,5 wide) and in very good condition. Lots of ammo and stuff. Usually the viz is good although it is dark allways.
    And luckily it is a few hundred meters out from the finnish national waters...

JH

RBW Member Nemo1957 is an unknown quantity at this point Nemo1957's Avatar
    Optima

SMS Koln
    Scapa Flow, Orkney Islands scotland
    135 feet +/-
    Not a really attractive dive but historically rich, and the most relaxing dive I have ever made. (out of over 1000) Dove it solo OC with just a camera and didnt see a single other diver the whole 40 minutes.

This shot is the tip of the 5.9" stern gun.
    Attached Images

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCRDVR
    The San Francisco Maru in Truk Lagoon. 160 feet to the deck and 185 feet in the forward hold. The three WWII tanks sitting on the deck are amazing!
    Seconded, that is my favourite dive too!

I swam through the forward holds, despite being on a single 80 full of air, which is all the dive centre had

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast