+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite wreck....

10/52 Psycho Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie is a jewel in the rough Depth-junkie's Avatar

Re: What is your favourite wreck....

1 – USS Illinois

2 – Mid English Channel

3 – 70m ish to the sand. Deck around 55-58m

4 – Upright and intact, loads of swim throughs and plenty of points for penertration, the acomadation block is fantastic loads of corridors running off it you could spend all of your BT grubbing around here.

see below for details
    http://www.deepimage.co.uk/wrecks/illinois/mainpages/illinois_mainpage.htm

New Member bmattson is an unknown quantity at this point bmattson's Avatar

So far the Kamloops, but I'm just getting started:D

New Member s75952004 is an unknown quantity at this point s75952004's Avatar

my scuba wreck experance is small ,a few around miami fla. the best so far is the saskatchewan ,this wreck sits off snake iland outside of namino bc.
    when I dove it the vis was 40' ,the water temp was 48-50deg.this wreck is coverd with annomies that are white in color and stand about 1' tall or bigger.at 366' long she is one big ship sitting up rite .just a dream to dive .

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Re: What is your favorite wreck....

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought
    Start planning a trip to Isle Royale this next year too, the season is so short its over before it starts?

ron
    Ron-

DUDE- I say again- a two boat flotilla of the majestic Deep Thought and the intrepid if diminutive MAC Animal would be a super Isle Royal raft up in Duncan Bay. The "Red Antifreeze" could be administered a bit early.....:D

Best,
    Ken

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

E.M. Clark 250 ft to the sand located in the warm clear water off the North Carolina coast. Usually lots of Sand tiger sharks . Also have seen mako and one encounter with a Great white.:D

The second would be the St. Augustine 260 ft located off the coast of Maryland. Cold ,dark water but the wreck is absolutely magnificent.

Helium_diver
    "If I look unconscious I probably am " Bill Hartman

RBW Member Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought's Avatar
    rEvo,Meg,Inspo,Titan,Prism2

SCR's,Optima,MkVI,KISS

Re: What is your favorite wreck....

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather
    Ron-

DUDE- I say again- a two boat flotilla of the majestic Deep Thought and the intrepid if diminutive MAC Animal would be a super Isle Royal raft up in Duncan Bay. The "Red Antifreeze" could be administered a bit early.....:D

Best,
    Ken
    I'm up for a raft party at Isle Royale, I'll start stompin the grapes now. Mmmm fresh moose roasted over a campfire!

RBW Member Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought's Avatar

SCR's,Optima,MkVI,KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Helium_diver
    E.M. Clark 250 ft to the sand located in the warm clear water off the North Carolina coast. Usually lots of Sand tiger sharks . Also have seen mako and one encounter with a Great white.:D

The second would be the St. Augustine 260 ft located off the coast of Maryland. Cold ,dark water but the wreck is absolutely magnificent.

Helium_diver
    That sounds very cool, can you post a charter operator and season that typically has diveable weather.

Sand Tiger, Mako and GW...puts you low on the food chain.

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

I dive with a charter boat the O.C. Diver based in oc Maryland . Ted Green is the skipper and he takes his boat down in June for a month.Very few boats are willing to do the deeper stuff. Ted himself dives a homebuilt breather. When we came down on the Clark this year there was over fifty sand tigers on the deck. They just parted and let us do our dive . Very cool indeed. Did manage to get a reel good thump on my back from a huge amber-jack. Guess he thought my CCr dolphin looked like a meal. Scared the sh*t out of me thought i was going to be eaten right then and there.

Teds web site is www.ocdiver.com All the contact info is on there .He is one of the finest divers and skippers around.

Helium_diver
    "If I look unconscious I probably am " Bill Hartman

SCR's,Optima,MkVI,KISS

Not long ago on this form I was pontificating on wrecks and wrecks of Chuuk or Truk Lagoon.

Today my o.c. dive buddy George who is 83 brings his brother-in-law (Robert Kanze) into the dive shop to introduce him to me. Know I remember Geo telling me that his brother-in-law was a fighter pilot in WW II, but I had no idea that he was in the battle of Truk Lagoon.

The story unfolds that Robert Kanze was shot down in his Hell Cat fighter off Dublon island in April of 1944. He was close enough to shore to be seen and was taking rifle fire, so he partially deflates his raft and proceeds to paddle out of the lagoon. Robert was picked up by a submarine the next day after firing a flare gun and using his signal mirror.

Very cool story and very personal experience, now I have a quest for the Truk Lagoon trip in March!
    Robert Kanze.jpg

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Locally,

1. SS Ulonga,
    2. About an hours drive south of Adelaide, SA, 20km's offshore
    3. 39 to the sand.
    4. Its the only deeper wreck locally, VERY tight and silty penetrations, good fishlife, and a pretty good wreck to look at, even though its relatively small.
    http://www.divedoc.net/uwimaging/sea...w=1&criteria=7 the last 4 pics, these are all Harry's.

Interstate, I'm with Bear, the St Paul rocks, great "mysterious" wreck, I was one of the two divers in the first pic from his second trip, that he posted in this thread,

but I can't go past the SS Yongala.
    1. SS Yongala
    2. Off Cape Bowling Green, Townsville, QLD
    3. 28m to the sand, 14 on top of the wreck
    4. UNBELIEVABLE fish life on it, you aren't allowed to penetrate it but the fishlife on this wreck has to be seen to be believed! EVERYTHING on this wreck is BIG, and there are lots of them. I've seen shovelnose rays, Bull Sharks, Guitarfish, Sawtooth's, Eagle Rays, Massive Black Rays, HUGE QLD Grouper, GT's everywhere, loads of sea snakes, Morays, you name it, its there, and lots of em.

Worth the trip to Oz just for this dive!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast