+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jax mouthpiece for a Ray DSV ?

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Question Jax mouthpiece for a Ray DSV ?

Hello,

Yesterday I made my first dives after 6 month of recovery from surgery. It was cool (and cold), the rEvo performed flawlessly.

The mouthpiece I have have a gag retainer, which is great for security, but is a little too thick for my jaws. So after few minutes, I don't feel confortable and sometimes it gives me nauseas.
    When I was diving OC, I had a JAX mouthpiece and it is the best mouthpiece I ever had. The problem is that the Ray DSV is wider than a regular second stage so it is quite impossible to put it.

Is there a similar product that can be fitted into a Ray DSV (it is 42mm wide) ?

Thank you for your help.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

Re: Jax mouthpiece for a Ray DSV ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tino Corp.  View Original Post
    ... JAX mouthpiece... Ray DSV is wider ...similar product that can be fitted into a Ray DSV (it is 42mm wide) ?

Thank you for your help.
    I have not used this particular mouthpeice before, but evidently I eat mouthpeices; 3 in the past year (or sometimes step on them on the boat... oops!)...

I am currently using a Ray DSV, and have fitted several different mouth pieces on it. This time around I am using a Poseidon mouthpiece.

Basically any mouthpiece will work, just be gental putting it on... and don't step on it!

Hoppyinca

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

I have used the Manta-Bite Mouthpiece on the Ray DSV, also the mouthpieces that come with Apeks regulators and have that orthodontic thingy on top work great as well.

cheers,
    RBN

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Hello,

Thank you both for your comments.

I don't like the orthodontic mouthpiece, it makes me wanna throw up.

I will try to heat the Jax to see if it can fit the Ray DSV. Hope it won't break.

RBW Member PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv's Avatar

Hello I use JAX on my Ray dsv NO problem to mount if if you want to do it.

rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Hi,

I have mounted my old Jax mouthpiece on the Ray DSV. I guess it's OK, I will see tomorrow if it's not leaking.
    I think I have over-heated the mouthpiece, I won't be able to put it on a normal regulator again.

Maybe the Seacure mouthpiece is more adapted as it is wider.

RBW Member womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg

I use a JAX mouthpiece on a meg DSV. This was also too wide, so I heated the end that fits over the DSV (in hot water) until it was soft and then stretched it over the DSV. Just be gentle when stretching it over and you should be fine.

rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Quote Originally Posted by womble  View Original Post
    I use a JAX mouthpiece on a meg DSV. This was also too wide, so I heated the end that fits over the DSV (in hot water) until it was soft and then stretched it over the DSV. Just be gentle when stretching it over and you should be fine.
    Yes, now I know i had to be gentle ...
    The mouthpiece ripped off my hands when I was putting it on the DSV so now it is too wide and it's leaking. I will try to find a Seacure mouthpiece.

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Does fitting these type of mouth piece not increase the WOB?

I had thought of fitting one to my inspo but was tod that due to the above it was not a good idea. Anyone got experience of this?

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

Hi Stephane,
    Any luck with a new mouth piece yet. I'm also looking to change mine but haven't found one I'm happy with yet.
    Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast