+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New out from Salvo 35 W HID and new Video lights

RBW Member divingniknaks is an unknown quantity at this point divingniknaks's Avatar

New out from Salvo 35 W HID and new Video lights

Well they've done it again folks !

35W umbilical 3000 lumens of light (a 21W is 1500 for comparison) and a 4 hr burn time

15.6 Amp Li-Ion 35 Watt Remote Head HID, 35 Watt Li Ion Lights at divingniknaks the UK's No 1 scuba gear online store

Self contained Video lights in 24W and 35W variations with 2 or 2.5 hours burn time. No annoying cables or battery mounting problems either ;)

7.8A 24 W self contained video light, Video lights at divingniknaks the UK's No 1 scuba gear online store

Just thought they might be of interest to some people :)

Cheers

RBW Member Dugongberbulu is an unknown quantity at this point Dugongberbulu's Avatar

Re: New out from Salvo 35 W HID and new Video lights

They have not updated there site yet?

But, the specs you're showing are not only impressive, but (vid lights) what we've been waiting for!

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: New out from Salvo 35 W HID and new Video lights

Quote Originally Posted by Dugongberbulu  View Original Post
    They have not updated there site yet?
    Salvo needs to add the links from the main page. Use these links for now:I just need to know the buoyancy characteristics of the video lights...

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Question Self contained video lights??

Self contained video lights??

Hmmm. Not what I would be looking for in a video light. If you mount video lights on housing, you want the battery packs as close to the housing as possible and the light heads on light arms. This improves the balance.

Combined light heads and battery packs are heavy. If you mount them on video arms, they will be rather far away from the housing. (larger distance is bigger force - lever). The weight distribution will change each time you reposition your lights. Even a minor difference between the position of the lights will make your housing rotate or tilt.

And you will need very strong light arms to hold the head/battery pack above water.
    Last edited by PCDiver; 26th February 2007 at 09:35.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: Self contained video lights??

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    Self contained video lights??
    Peter,

I am thinking of mounting this video light on an X-scooter which has an on-board X-view camera. Depending on the u/w weight characteristic of the light, it might offset the trim weight perfectly (fingers crossed).

What do you think ?

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie  View Original Post
    Peter,

I am thinking of mounting this video light on an X-scooter which has an on-board X-view camera. Depending on the u/w weight characteristic of the light, it might offset the trim weight perfectly (fingers crossed).

What do you think ?
    Phi,

I don't know the answer to your question about the buoyancy of the lights, but I do know our Li-Ion X battery is about 1 lbs lighter than the NiMh. That's handy when you add other potentially negative acessories.

Tobin

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post
    ...our Li-Ion X battery is about 1 lbs lighter than the NiMh...
    Thanks Tobin. That might come in very handy...

Since the battery used in the X-view configuration is slightly different, could you add the extra connector ?

IIRC, we discussed about the Li-Ion battery in the past over a year ago. How is it working out a year down the road ?

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Peter,

What do you think ?
    This kind of lamps could certainly work for a fixed light setup. A guess on the bouyancy: Probably around 800 to 1200 grams per light (negative in water).

You also need to look at the angle of the beam. You need to match it to the angle of the lens on the X-view camera. I recommend 100° for video.

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Thanks Tobin. That might come in very handy...

Since the battery used in the X-view configuration is slightly different, could you add the extra connector ?

IIRC, we discussed about the Li-Ion battery in the past over a year ago. How is it working out a year down the road ?
    So far so good. About 2 dozen in the field.

Regarding the X-view, I have Li-Ion battery on the bench right now. I waiting for the able and camera mounting hardware from Dive-Xtras. I don't anticipate any major impediments, but I have not yet actually done the mod.

More when I know it.

Tobin

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post
    More when I know it.
    Please update when you do. Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast