It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section Introduce Yourself New to Rebreathers

Old 2nd December 2006, 01:22   #1
schford
RBW Founder

schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Getting the most out of your Rebreather Questions

I have had more than a few PMs and emails about how to get the most out of RBW with regards to specific questions about Rebreathers and I wanted to share in this thread the advice I had given and to let others more experienced than I contribute.

I have written a tongue in cheek article - The 7 Steps to RB Enlightenment which I would encourage you to read - read up on the evangelical stage!

I would also encourage you to read up on the forums of any Rebreathers you are interested in, this lets you get a feel for people who give balanced answers or those that try and convince you that a specific model (the one they have bought and dive) is the best thing since sliced bread.

Then when you ask a question you are in a much better position to judge answers given - one needs to be very wary IMHO of people who are inexperienced or evangelical about a particular make of Rebreather - invariably the one they happen to be diving! Or those that are very anti a particular breather as usually there are agendas in play that are not obvious to us all.

Lets face it if there was a perfect Rebreather then everyone would dive it - there is not and I do worry that some times people rush to buy the 'coolest' or most hardcore Rebreather (in their opinion) from an ego point of view, rather than a what is good for their diving point of view and then of course they do not see the downside of their model.

I believe that RBW does present us all with the opportunity to learn from those much more experienced than us - as long as we are not blinkered by people who might shout the loudest or in net terms post the most on a particular subject.

Dive Safe all

Stuart
(Offline)

Old 2nd December 2006, 01:25   #2
RonMicjan
RBW Member

RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to RonMicjan
Re: Getting the most out of your Rebreather Questions

Nicely said, have some green, not like you need it or anything...:)
(Offline)

Old 2nd December 2006, 14:08   #3
Okidiver
RBW Member

Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okidiver Send a message via Yahoo to Okidiver
Re: Getting the most out of your Rebreather Questions

Stu,
Great words, and verde provided:D; should be required reading when one signs up at this fab site.

Only been here since my first Oriskany dive (where I wagered a rebreather and a scooter is probably the best way to dive the Great Carrier Reef) and have since found RBW a great repository TO RESEARCH info from folks who are actually have used/are using rebreathers.

Not everybody gets it, though. Stand by for the, "I'm too lazy to read anything about the xx or the xxx rebreathers, and have way too much disposable income, and was wondering if you experts could tell me which one would make me cool..." post
(Offline)