It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Compressors, Blending / Mixing and Booster Pumps

Old 18th May 2005, 12:03   #1
Phil
RBW Member

rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros
Inspiration, Megalodon,
Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about
Trimix storage

Hi,

I prepare trimix in a 15L or 20L tank and then use a booster to refill my 3L tank. I was wondering if there is some issues with storing trimix for few months. If the tank is never moved over time could we get some kind of gas separation du to the difference in weight.(Helium find itself at the top close the valve since it is lighter) Should I give it a good shake, roll before using it to refill.

Would appreciate your views on the subject.
(Offline)

Old 18th May 2005, 12:57   #2
Nad
ZeroEmissions

Sentinel - Ouroboros - Evo
HomeBuild, Inspiration Classic
Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light
Quote: (Originally Posted by Phil)
Hi,

I prepare trimix in a 15L or 20L tank and then use a booster to refill my 3L tank. I was wondering if there is some issues with storing trimix for few months. If the tank is never moved over time could we get some kind of gas separation du to the difference in weight.(Helium find itself at the top close the valve since it is lighter) Should I give it a good shake, roll before using it to refill.

Would appreciate your views on the subject.
The only problem I had was he lost because of leak in some point: it so easy with he.
Since then I never stored trimix or heliox mixture again for long periods.
Well, off course after long periods some stratification is possible and shake the tanks can help you.
Hope this help.
Which booster are you using?

Nad
(Offline)

Old 18th May 2005, 13:05   #3
Nad
ZeroEmissions

Sentinel - Ouroboros - Evo
HomeBuild, Inspiration Classic
Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light
Quote: (Originally Posted by Nad)
Which booster are you using?

Nad
OOps, sorry, I forgot to have a look at you web page!

Wow such a construction...

Nad
(Offline)

Old 18th May 2005, 13:09   #4
Beanie
RBW Member

Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Beanie Send a message via Yahoo to Beanie Send a message via Skype™ to Beanie
Only problem there could be is losing He but you can check for that by analsing the gas
wouldn't of thought that it would be that much of a problem over a couple of months
(Offline)

Old 18th May 2005, 13:18   #5
Steve
Ladies bring a plate

Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Beanie)
Only problem there could be is losing He but you can check for that by analsing the gas
wouldn't of thought that it would be that much of a problem over a couple of months
It has happened to me over the course of days. Bottom line is the obvious; analyze ones gas.

All it took was a shitty tank oring. Initally we thought it was a difference between 2 analysers but we found it was my tank with a slow leek that was leaking He.
(Offline)

Old 18th May 2005, 13:20   #6
EBT
Nekton

Classic Kiss
Sports kiss, dolphin
EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute
the gas doesnt stratify once its mixed... brownian motion solves that. It can layer if you mix it VERY slowly, but a quick tumble will resolve that.
(Offline)

Old 19th May 2005, 09:42   #7
Phil
RBW Member

rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros
Inspiration, Megalodon,
Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to all for your reply, which confirm my thoughts.

Cheers,
(Offline)